2017 CX-5 GT driver side mirror vibration

I have vibration/rattle on grainy pavement coming from what looks like under the left dash area (left of the steering wheel). 2016.5 Touring FWD

Now I wonder if it is the mirror like the OP.

Dealership needs the car in the shop for extended time to get under the dash. Hope they find the root cause and fix it when I take it to them.

I have vibration/rattle on grainy pavement coming from what looks like under the left dash area (left of the steering wheel). 2016.5 Touring FWD

Now I wonder if it is the mirror like the OP.

Dealership needs the car in the shop for extended time to get under the dash. Hope they find the root cause and fix it when I take it to them.

Occasionally, my driver's side a pillar will rattle a bit where it meets the dash.

Well yeah. I guess I didn't expect too much from a non-luxury car.
Or I'm just too happy with mine right now. Honeymoon phase. :)
One of the major reasons I've seen buying the new 2017 CX-5 is because those new owners feel the higher quality than competitors. But beauty can't be only skin deep.

BTW, I also noticed another old problem hasn't got fixed on 2017 CX-5: I still see the reflections on the outside rearview mirrors from the chrome trims of the front side air vents!

I rode in the passenger seat today for a good 60 miles of city/highway driving and didn't notice the mirror vibrating.

You might not be bothered, but its a sign of cheapness. Not the premium feel/level Mazda is trying to now promote.
Had the tsb done on mine and it lasted 2 months. Hood also started flopping again after the fix. You can't have a premium feel using cheap ass parts that break and rattle. I cringe just opening the thinner than a tin can gas cap waiting for it to fall off. Now I hear the 2017 mirrors still vibrate? I went to look at the 2017 and as mentioned on another thread the passenger dash clips don't hold by the silver trim band causing a warped like gap that flexes. What good is trying to add premium tech at the expense of build quality. My sons 2015 Mazda 3 is built better and cost $10,000 less?

You might not be bothered, but its a sign of cheapness. Not the premium feel/level Mazda is trying to now promote.
Had the tsb done on mine and it lasted 2 months. Hood also started flopping again after the fix. You can't have a premium feel using cheap ass parts that break and rattle. I cringe just opening the thinner than a tin can gas cap waiting for it to fall off. Now I hear the 2017 mirrors still vibrate? I went to look at the 2017 and as mentioned on another thread the passenger dash clips don't hold by the silver trim band causing a warped like gap that flexes. What good is trying to add premium tech at the expense of build quality. My sons 2015 Mazda 3 is built better and cost $10,000 less?
I saw your post about the dash. I'm just wondering why almost all 2017 CX-5 owners see very high build quality but few of us can't? About the tin can gas door, you forgot to mention Mazda doesn't even bother to add some simply spring mechanism to hold the tin can gas door open. It literally flaps around with wind while pumping the gas!

Just got back from a 2 hour highway trip in my 2017 GT, now 705 miles. No mirror vibration or hood flapping here.

Back