The 2017 Grill

Mattyredsox

:
1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr
It's much nicer than the old ones. Not plastic, but metal. Someone mentioned that the new one is competing with Jaguar and the like.
eba1e21774013086f3863386e755556d.jpg
1b3cc3b30e3b69be2dc6c03b1a02918a.jpg
14cb49f6aec6ffd1385c96ae16022f38.jpg
b6dd98e6fc71dd59083214c0ca6c5106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's much nicer looking. Is the Mazda logo a sensor for the active cruise or is it all through the cameras?

That's much nicer looking. Is the Mazda logo a sensor for the active cruise or is it all through the cameras?

No, it's a sensor. The none MRDCC has the standard badge. I have a mate who designs radar cc for a living and he says that one of the biggest challenges is designing a badge that the cameras miss.

For those complaining about the chicken wire... Be glad you're not a current Lexus loyalist. They are plastic (or carbon fiber.... Definitely not metal).

That new grille would be easy to clean with a soapy bristled tire bush, hosed, then leaf blower dried. The thing with the flat slat grilles was water always seems to hide and leak out from in between the plastics. This grille being 1-piece it looks easier to dry up like the 2013 honeycomb grilles. Only the 2013 honeycomb grilles had harder edges and were plastic. This looks smoother and if metallic would be a welcome surface to clean. Only concern would be for paint chips on the black metal.

... and yes, there are a thousand or so little points on that grill...

The grille is plastic, surely.

It is all but a blanking plate with apertures for the twin tone horns. Cooling is controlled through the bottom via an automatic shutter. Don't block it with any accessories!

The grille is plastic, surely.

It is all but a blanking plate with apertures for the twin tone horns. Cooling is controlled through the bottom via an automatic shutter. Don't block it with any accessories!

It felt like metal to me.

That new grille would be easy to clean with a soapy bristled tire bush, hosed, then leaf blower dried. The thing with the flat slat grilles was water always seems to hide and leak out from in between the plastics. This grille being 1-piece it looks easier to dry up like the 2013 honeycomb grilles. Only the 2013 honeycomb grilles had harder edges and were plastic. This looks smoother and if metallic would be a welcome surface to clean. Only concern would be for paint chips on the black metal.

... and yes, there are a thousand or so little points on that grill...

Nothing a pressure washer can't take care of? (dunno)

The grille is fine but the thick chrome trim under it............ well, I don't care for it at all. To each his own.

Oh now i noticed the Mazda smile has a crack in between- its two pieces. Ewwww that sucks.

Nothing a pressure washer can't take care of? (dunno)

Washing is not the the issue....its the drying and waxing.

Drying:
The slat grill style always has water stuck in between crevices and drips. I hit up for a good 5 minutes to dry. The 2013 honeycomb style dries up faster. The 2017 appears like it will dry faster too.

Waxing:
Now after dried I like to apply some plastic friendly wax to keep all plastics blacked out. The 2013 honeycomb style is difficult because of the squared edges and its a coarser plastic. The slat grille style is a breeze though because its relatively smooth and only a couple of slats involved. The 2017 style seems easy too because its one large smooth (glossy?) surface to work with. .

Washing is not the the issue....its the drying and waxing.

Drying:
The slat grill style always has water stuck in between crevices and drips. I hit up for a good 5 minutes to dry. The 2013 honeycomb style dries up faster. The 2017 appears like it will dry faster too.

The car wash I go to has high pressure air hoses in the vacuum stalls for this. It's a breeze with this tool.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Back