What are they waiting for?

:
2017 SRC CX-5 GT + Premium
LOL, I'm so impatient, waiting for the 2017 models here in the US. What could they be waiting for, to release specs? Gotta think things will be hitting the assembly line soon.

Production began in late Nov. and the car went on sale in Japan in Feb., according to Motor Trend.

I heard March so should be soon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They tend to launch on home soil as a tradition but they have to finalise and package the left hand drive models and ramp up production. That means big tooling changes on the production lines and then get some stock on the dockside. My last two Mazda's were on the boat when I ordered them.

Yup, I was just wondering when we'd see a list of features in packages available here in the US... instead of speculating. Like HUD: on the windhsield, or one of those pieces that sticks out above the steering wheel. What about that 11th speaker - is there a spare or not? Rear USB? etc.

Not sure where they'd put that 11th speaker. Mazda Japan website only has the Bose system with 10 speakers anyway (having added a sub).

The UK models come with the sub woofer and the spare wheel and the necessary styrene inserts are purchased separately. The sub then fits inside the spare wheel. This was my CX-3 which I just managed to fit a full size spare.

image_zpsksrggxjt.jpeg

maybe they're busy perfecting the transmission...

I stopped by a local Mazda dealer last week to ask. They are bugging me to make a decision soon when the lease on my '15 GT ends in late May. He said they're shipping over here now but will take a bit of time for them to fill up their supply channels.

Minneapolis Auto Show is in town later this month. Hope they have one to look over. I did look at the '17 CR-V from Honda. I like the interior and the 1.5L turbo but the front end is hideous. If I stay with Mazda it will be because they've finally updated their infotainment to be compatible with Android and added illuminated door/window buttons on the interior. The Honda has 'em.

⋯ If I stay with Mazda it will be because they've finally updated their infotainment to be compatible with Android and added illuminated door/window buttons on the interior. The Honda has 'em.
You'll be disappointed as it's been confirmed that new 2017 CX-5 won't support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay like 2017 Honda CR-V. Further, new CX-5 will have exactly the same power window setup like the current gen. No one-touch open-close power front windows and moonroof; and no illuminated door / window power switches like Honda CR-V offers.

I stopped by a local Mazda dealer last week to ask. They are bugging me to make a decision soon when the lease on my '15 GT ends in late May. He said they're shipping over here now but will take a bit of time for them to fill up their supply channels.

Minneapolis Auto Show is in town later this month. Hope they have one to look over. I did look at the '17 CR-V from Honda. I like the interior and the 1.5L turbo but the front end is hideous. If I stay with Mazda it will be because they've finally updated their infotainment to be compatible with Android and added illuminated door/window buttons on the interior. The Honda has 'em.
The Stabler Arena annual auto show in the Lehigh Valley will be here the end of this month. I'll be looking at the new CX5 and CRV as well.

Back