chrome accents: dash, cupholder, mirror, tail lights

I know some people don't like chrome and some people go way overboard with the chrome but if done tastefully, IMHO it looks nice, again it's all personal preference. here's some ideas for those interested:

OEM match silver matte dash accent:
attachment.php

cupholder accent to cover the cheap OEM black plastic, not chrome, more like silver matte matched to OEM accent:
attachment.php

chrome mirror accent like new Lexus RX:
attachment.php

real stainless steel (not cheap plastic chrome ABS) tail light accents:
attachment.php

debadged black with Olympic USA plates (cost is extra $20 a year but all money goes to support our athletes)
attachment.php

and also the NY license plate is an ugly orange yellow (ughhhh-ly!!)
ny2011.jpg

well honestly, I think as-is this is a project that has not come completely together yet. I would do something to the black plastic window trim and make it chrome, otherwise the accents on the tail lights dont really go with anything (because the bottom diffuser is also black plastic) so i think that the chrome looks pretty out of place as of right now.

i would also get something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007PKGOYE/

a chrome plate frame which will help the rear-end a lot. lastly I would tint the windows all around (don't know about the current tint situation there though) and also debadge the the rear-end of the car, like this:

2u7u8ba.jpg

which will look clean and uncluttered especially with the CX-5 plate frame. then i think you'd have a really nice "limited" model :)

here you go, per your request, parts still look new after one year of usage, again I recommend 3M adhesion promoter if you plan to do the side mirror chrome, like some members aid, just a slight subtle touch of chrome here and there not too much.

agree with some members, too much chrome is a bit gaudy, IMHO, this is what not to do, chrome pillars than black wind deflectors over the chrome, way overboard....

It still looks great! Love it. I ordered some of these accents this weekend, will make sure I use the tape. Thank you for sharing your updates pics!

tomcat,
I like it, not too much chrome, just some restrained trim here and there, I like it, to me the 2017 CX-5 rear can use some chrome like the CX9 just to put it above the other CUV's in it's class.... just my 2 cents, seems plain as is

how tall is this guy, LOL, he makes the CX-5 look small like a CX-3 LOL

36733745783_322da8915d_b.jpg

I think the chrome on the CX-9 rear that crosses the tailights is sexy as hell

I do like it a little across the back, too. I just received my lift gate bumper/threshold protector. It has a bit of chrome on it so I will need to see how it looks before I decide if Im going to add anything else.

Sometimes it's not about the chrome or matte chrome accents, wood, CF or gloss black panels. It's about what we don't have [emoji3] and being unique.

Back