Would you rather...

flynbob

:
Mazda cx5
Hi gang. New to Mazda and this site. We are in the market for a used cx5.

IN general, would the consensus be that it is better to buy a used rental 2016 with 33k or a lease return 2014 with 30k?

I know this is largely a dumb question without inspecting the vehicles in question so I am more thinking what you think about buying a used rental car v lease as a general thing.

Also, are there any real features on the 2016 that I will be missing on the 2014? Infotainment and sport mode are the two I notice but I can do without those. It is the same 2.5 AWD drive train correct?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

There are other minor mechanical and fit/finish improvements in the 2016. It will have the benefit of several years worth of TSB's and manufacturing improvements. I would probably go with the 16.

Driving wise the 16 and 14 arent really different. You can get the 14 for less and get some mods with the savings

What trim level are you looking at? Fully decked GT I would go with a '16... lower I would consider the '14

What trim level are you looking at? Fully decked GT I would go with a '16... lower I would consider the '14
They are both a touring awd. There is a couple thousand price difference too. Thanks for the feedback.

The one thing that you must think about also, is that the vehicle will always be branded a "Previous Rental", and that may turn away some buyers upon resale later.

Hi gang. New to Mazda and this site. We are in the market for a used cx5.

IN general, would the consensus be that it is better to buy a used rental 2016 with 33k or a lease return 2014 with 30k?

I know this is largely a dumb question without inspecting the vehicles in question so I am more thinking what you think about buying a used rental car v lease as a general thing.

Also, are there any real features on the 2016 that I will be missing on the 2014? Infotainment and sport mode are the two I notice but I can do without those. It is the same 2.5 AWD drive train correct?

Thanks in advance!

Rental in a heartbeat. I have a 2015 rental, and it has had zero issues what-so-ever that I could trace to it being a rental. I have put about 30K miles on it so far, in addition to the 27K it had when I got it, so it's still pretty low mileage, but nothing has upset me yet about it being a rental.

Well I went with the lease with fewer miles but a little older 2014v2016. Saved a few thousand but only time will tell if I bought a bad one or not. Thanks for the feedback. Love the car so far...

Well I went with the lease with fewer miles but a little older 2014v2016. Saved a few thousand but only time will tell if I bought a bad one or not. Thanks for the feedback. Love the car so far...

Good! enjoy.

Back