Acuator problems?

lmbebo

Hi

I've got a 2014 CX-5 GT with 49k miles. I just got my driver front door fixed, actuator problem. As soon it was fixed ($340 in parts/labor), the passenger back door starting giving me problems now. Is this a known problem? Should be held responsible for paying for all these problems? Its gonna add up if all my doors need to be replaced...

Are the actuators completely failing or just making noise?

Mine make noise from time-to-time but no failures yet.

Makes noise all the time. I was told that when it completely fails, the door will be stuck in either a lock or unlocked position permanently.

Mine have randomly made noise for over a year. It seems to come and go with temperature variations. I did take in to dealer at one point and they basically told me noise will come back with replacement. I'm always leery of dealer tearing into door and making a new noise to listen to.

This should be something covered under your 3/36 though.... or extended if you have that.

I guess I should see if part has been superseded at this point. I don't really think about the random squawks anymore though..

I had one rear door that made noise on every actuation and had it replaced.

Good thing to get fixed when still under warranty. If out of warranty I would not have dealer do it and save a bundle. I don't really see them goodwilling such a part on a vehicle with 49k miles.

Looks like its a $50 part. Replacing it shouldn't take all that long. Maybe 1-1.5 shop hours for all 3? Being conservative...

Last edited:
Back