2016 Bose Audio Better than 2007?

binks00

:
MazdaSpeed3
Have a Mazdaspeed 3 with a bose in it and am unimpressed. Has the audio in the cx-5 been improved? Is there a sub?

Have a Mazdaspeed 3 with a bose in it and am unimpressed. Has the audio in the cx-5 been improved? Is there a sub?

The Mazda CX-5 does not come with a subwoofer. I think you need to get the CX-9 to get the subwoofer. You can upgrade the head unit with a PAC RP4-MZ11, and install aftermarket head unit and subwoofer. I personally love the Bose system with an aftermarket head unit. I had a 2007 Chevy Silverado with the same setup, and it really improved the sound. Here is the forum for changing the Head Unit.

However, if you're just looking for more bass, you can install a Line Converter and add a subwoofer. My system is currently set up this way, but I intend to install an aftermarket Head Unit in a couple weeks.

Don't think the Bose system on CX-5 would be better than 2007's! What is good for to get a better head unit but with 9 cheap paper-cone mid-range speakers without directional tweeters at front A-pillars and a sub-woofer? Shame on Bose!

Bose will forever and always be crap.

If you care about audio quality at all, never get it.

The one exception is their portable Bluetooth speaker line. It's quite impressive in the range but also incredibly, ridiculously expensive. It's impressive for how large a space it can fill with music, not for the audio quality though.

I used to have a 2002 Mercury sable. I replace the head unit with a $100 unit from Pioneer along with 4 ($25 each) speakers and it was so much better. I don't need boomy bass so I don't have a subwoofer.

I did a lot of comparison shopping (Ford Focus, Honda Fit, Prius, MINI Countryman) - many times the low-level audio option is better than the high-quality option. The average price for the stereo upgrades was $500-$750. They all sound worse than $200 off-the-shelf components.

I haven't test drove anything yet but am leaning towards the cx5 gt. I guess that means I would be stuck with the bose. The EQ on power amp's app helps alot with my current mazda but it's still crap compared to a lot of new car stereos I have heard.

I haven't test drove anything yet but am leaning towards the cx5 gt. I guess that means I would be stuck with the bose. The EQ on power amp's app helps alot with my current mazda but it's still crap compared to a lot of new car stereos I have heard.

I just bought one after looking at a wide selection. TL;DR is that nobody makes a truly excellent car - all manufacturers eat stupid pills on a regular basis.

I love the look of the GT's rims and leather, but do yourself a favor and test drive a model with 17s and note ride and sound differences. If I could have gotten the 17s with the look of the 19s, would do it in a heartbeat and pay extra for it.

The infotainment system and Bose speakers actually detract from the vehicle's appeal.

There's also some trim pieces that get reflected in your windows right where you look into the side-view mirrors.

The seat headrests are slightly too far forward.

Agreed that the Bose system is inadequate. No highs and lows. Just 700hz midrange.

Back