speaker install

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
ok, i know the stock sizes are 5x7 and 5.25 inches as i have installed them before however i am looking to upgrade and was wondering if 6x 8's fit in our 5x7 hole

The front doors are 6x8, 5x7 and 6x8 are really the same speaker and fit in the same hole. I ran 6.5" rear speakers in my P5 and in my MSP and they fit fine, just had to drill an extra hole in the speaker bracket.

I have the plastic adapters to go to round speaker if you want em'... make an offer & pay for shipping...

i want the rockford fosgate punch p1 6x8s as they are 3 way and the same 5x7 is only 2 way so i was making sure 6x8 would work before i buy em

i have after market speakers in the rear as well what are the stock size in the rear of the p5 i see 5.25 and 6inch on different sites i believe i have 5.25 in there now, if so they would have to install brackets if they are 6inch so i would have the brackets for the new ones but if its 5.25 they should mount right up im either getting jbl gto or rockford fosgate punch speakers if anyone knows what size for the rear it would help tremendously

I highly suggest going with the 6.5" adapters. It gives you so many more options for speakers. I have the Ascendant Audio Carbon 6.5" split-coil mids up front. Rockford is great for amplifiers, but outside of their very top tier, I do not suggest buying their speakers.

i got jbl gto 6x8s and 5.25s comin UPS right now have the rms power handling i need an i have always like the jbl speakers i went alpine for awhile, however after this one blew im really rethinking them. i have alpine type s 6x8s and 5.25s right now and one is blown the gtos handle a better range of rms wattage and according to jbl were made for anything headunit or amp power can throw at em. i have always liked rockford fosgate subs but have an alpine type r on a 1000w amp in a ported box, although considering a sealed as i mainly listen to rock and metal but this sub is a beast it plays the bass on rock and metal perfectly and keeps up great and barely even moves at full blast as i have the amp just under half gain for amp cooling and so the sub can keep up better and still be as loud as i want and need it and the headunit powers the speakers just fine as i can hear them crisp and loud over the sub and every level of sound is heard. i am an audio fanatic and want my music and even movies at my house to sound as full and good as possible

i got jbl gto 6x8s and 5.25s comin UPS right now have the rms power handling i need an i have always like the jbl speakers i went alpine for awhile, however after this one blew im really rethinking them. i have alpine type s 6x8s and 5.25s right now and one is blown the gtos handle a better range of rms wattage and according to jbl were made for anything headunit or amp power can throw at em. i have always liked rockford fosgate subs but have an alpine type r on a 1000w amp in a ported box, although considering a sealed as i mainly listen to rock and metal but this sub is a beast it plays the bass on rock and metal perfectly and keeps up great and barely even moves at full blast as i have the amp just under half gain for amp cooling and so the sub can keep up better and still be as loud as i want and need it and the headunit powers the speakers just fine as i can hear them crisp and loud over the sub and every level of sound is heard. i am an audio fanatic and want my music and even movies at my house to sound as full and good as possible

For your next install, take a look around on some of the smaller brands that have great value compared to the giants that have been around for a long time.

Back