Front end creak

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
getting a creak on the front of my car and I'm not sure if it's the spring, maybe loose lower arm bar ( I doubt it), or something else. Any ideas of what may cause a front end creak? I'll have it on the left when I get back to Texas. Seems to only be audible at low speed over bump/turns.

I thought I read some CX-5 owners complained of noise and Mazda acknowledged the lower control arm were not torqued correctly? I could be wrong. It could hard to pinpoint with all your suspension work. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is presently at the dealer having a front creak checked out. Replacing the strut and strut bearing per the TSB didn't correct it. They are consulting with mazda.

Mine is presently at the dealer having a front creak checked out. Replacing the strut and strut bearing per the TSB didn't correct it. They are consulting with mazda.

Yea , once I get it on a lift I'll chwck torque. I am at 45k of hard driving so it could just be a worn trans mount, or a bushing that needs grease. Actually I just noticed a tsb for engine mount squeak

Last edited:
Yea , once I get it on a lift I'll chwck torque. I am at 45k of hard driving so it could just be a worn trans mount, or a bushing that needs grease. Actually I just noticed a tsb for engine mount squeak

Do you have a link or copy of the tsb? Also, where do you get them, I find it hard to locate recent ones.

Also Mazda has redesigned the entire strut and spring assembly apparently, and are shipping one down to try. Looks like the strut bearing fix wasn't enough in many cases.

That's for the previous generation mazda3

lol. well it's sporadic so it's probably just a lube thing i'll be going over all my s*** soon, when I hear back from Racing beep about the adjustable endlink

I hear some kind of a creek coming from the passenger side (i think) going over speed bumps at low speeds. I hope its nothing serious. I would hate for them to take off or replace the struts at only 5k.

On another car I own, similar creaks are common and originate in the sway bars bushing(s). Lubrication is all that's needed to cure it - using (thick) Silicone Dielectric Grease.

No idea if this is the problem you'all are having, but may well be worth a look.

I'm talking about 34-156 here (1 each side):

1K001F1.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, it's a possibility, it usually only happens at the first drive, if it happens, I have some moly lithium grease, rubber condinter and silicon lubricant, gonna hit that stuff while im doing oil change, I may hold off on removing the sway bar out of the bracket tho ( just b/c of time involved), because jbr is realsing a front sway bar for mazda 6/3 (cx-5) i'll just do it then. Also still waiting ona response from racing beep about the length of an adjustable endlink they sale..

Did you find the cause and cure, Chris, craigo? If so please share.
it was actually the rear sway bar and the brackets. since corrected. well the replacement bracket is bending again but I'm going to replace it with Hotchkiss brackets this time.

Back