Update on update!!!

kle3good

:
2014 mazda 6 touring
Hey all, just FYI, I stopped in my local service re an oil change and the manager asked me how I liked the car. I told him I loved it, the only issue I had was with infotainment centre we all know about by now. He was not aware of the problem with the Ipod/USB stuff and agreed that was a pain. He checked for an update..and surprise, found none. He said he would get in touch with Mazda and see what was going on. He called me back later and said that he found out that there IS going to be an update for the problem due in May!! We shall see.

So I ran into the bluetooth/usb issue on my new 2 month old mazda 6 wherein that option got totally disabled from my system and even clicking on the phone button just kept on saying starting bluetooth and nothing happens after that.

I googled around and found a shorterm fix which is to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes.
Regardless I went ahead and called mazdahandsfree who asked me to take it to a dealer.

Today I had it checked at my dealer and they said that there is a service bulletin and they need to replace my unit.
Hopefully the new unit comes with an updated s/w which fixes all the existing bluetooth issues, fingers crossed.

So I ran into the bluetooth/usb issue on my new 2 month old mazda 6 wherein that option got totally disabled from my system and even clicking on the phone button just kept on saying starting bluetooth and nothing happens after that.

I googled around and found a shorterm fix which is to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes.
Regardless I went ahead and called mazdahandsfree who asked me to take it to a dealer.

Today I had it checked at my dealer and they said that there is a service bulletin and they need to replace my unit.
Hopefully the new unit comes with an updated s/w which fixes all the existing bluetooth issues, fingers crossed.

Please update us if the new unit does, in fact, fix all the BT/USB issues that are now well known among Mazda6, CX-5, and CX-9 owners.

Received the car back from the dealer, seems like they replaced the Bluetooth unit with a new one of the same model and part number, so no change apart from just swapping it out with the old one.

From reading the internets what i have gathered is that the head unit itself have had a faulty bluetooth module/chip on all models using thsi unit, cx5/9 the 6. so the replacement is the same unit but with a fixed chip

Received the car back from the dealer, seems like they replaced the Bluetooth unit with a new one of the same model and part number, so no change apart from just swapping it out with the old one.

Are the issues fixed? The resume playback after ignition shutoff is my main complaint...so does the audio resume playing the same track on a usb stick after shutting car off and restarting? Inquiring minds want to know...

Hello
I imagine that the signers of the petition for Mazda, initiated by Mr. Daniel Levy, on CHange.org, I receive something like this ....
April 14, 2014
NB1 Official Update Confirmed!
Daniel Levy
North Bellmore
Mazda North America has confirmed That a softtware update to resolve the issues listed In this petition is at the "final testing" stage in Japan. Also, This update May include Hardware & Software. Given No timeline for the update just yet, so hold on tight!
I hope the news is to your liking.
When I have more news, I will communicate.
A greeting.

Are the issues fixed? The resume playback after ignition shutoff is my main complaint...so does the audio resume playing the same track on a usb stick after shutting car off and restarting? Inquiring minds want to know...

The system has the same issues as before except that the bluetooth now works which had been completely shut off before the replacement.
So if you are looking for any thing new, no it is the same stuff as before

I had updated my navigation system and the software some bug fixes, everything worked fine until then although there weren't any significant upgrades. Then I took my car in for some break related issue(nothing serious), and he updated it again and BOOM! My music was messed up. Now everytime I start my car, my playlist starts from the same song every single time which is annoying. I know some people had similar issues since the beginning but I am experiencing it now.

I am in Canada and none of the updates so far have fixed anything. Did the update last may fix anything for you guys in the states?

Last edited:
Back