Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Installed my JBR boost tubes and bypass tube along with the 2007+ OEM intercooler pipe I needed to make them work (thanks again, Jake!).

Still waiting for the two turkey's to reply back about their rear ABS sensors. If I wasn't so broke I would buy new. It will be a couple weeks untila full paycheck again.

Auto-x August 11th at Lakeland Community College. See how well I can do in FWD with the RWD and AWD class again. :)

Drift car that can only roll downhill? lulz.

I forgot I also added 15whp. Thanks again for the sticker pack, Will!

And unrelated but I got so excited when i got my new dehumidifier from Woot.com. It's got a faux carbon fiber control panel!

(pics always make a build thread more exciting to read.)

Ricer...

Lol, just kidding. The red BRC sticker looks good! And woot is the best site ever when im not broke

I stole your BRC sticker location, Sho.

And woot is a terrible site for impulse shopping. haha

edit- crap. Just bought another pair of shoes on Woot.com... haha

Last edited:
haha it was the very first thing i thought of when you said shoes. is that weird? i havent seen that video in a couple years i dont think lol

If you've seen the video that's always the first thing you think of when someone says "shoes.".

Welp, looks like the engine swap will happen sooner than later. No, no ZZB... yet. When I was dipping my car I was swapping in my JBR boost tubes. When i was done painting and had everything buttoned back up I noticed it made a weird sound on start up then went away. Sounded like the shroud for the TMIC was loose since I had it off. Didn't think anything of it. A couple weeks ago I was having ice cream with some friends and Jake pointed out the sound on start up was my timing chain. I checked it with the ole pinky test and sure enough, it's pretty loose. The motor still feels good and I haven't had any issues but I'll swap out the motor sooner and will sell this high mileage motor to someone looking to build a block.

I've got a new Luk OEM clutch ready, newer K04 turbo and will pick up a Fidanza flywheel and downpipe and have some extra cash for the swap in the next month or two. Then gently break in the new motor and clutch then time for a real tune.

Any other pieces I should replace while I'm doing the engine swap you guys can think of? Front sway bar perhaps?

Also have the rear ABS sensors arriving tomorrow to swap out and hopefully get my AWD back again.

Last edited:
Is there a good sway bar out there for an MS6? I mean, I'm sure there is... just wasn't sure how popular it really is to mod the car to... you know... not be slammed and plastidipped bright green.

I'm not sure, to be honest. I never researched it. I would think upgrading the front sway would kinda defeat the upgraded rear sway. The car feels pretty good right now so it's not necessary, IMHO. But just another thing that would be a good idea to do while the motor's out kind of philosophy.

edit- might pick up a CS front sway while I'm digging around in the engine bay. :)

http://www.corksport.com/corksport-2006-2007-mazdaspeed-6-front-sway-bar.html

Last edited:
Back