What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Congratulations on the new car. Do you like the new Lexus style that they have been producing? I feel like the new vehicles across the Lexus carline all have harsh body style lines and are in a way "trying too hard" to make it stand out. I noticed some other car manufacturers are following this type of zig-zag body features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like Lexus was heading in a good direction with the new design conception but then lost their way somewhere and couldnt make it come together. End result looks a little cheesy, they are not going to age gracefully. The Lexus coupe looks aweful I think

Mother in Law, who loves to wax cars, washed, waxed and (supposedly clay bar'ed) mine today. I don't think she clay'ed though. Or shes doing it wrong. Regardless, it looks amazing. Afterwards, I stuck on the rear bumper guard I bought on Amazon.

Rear Bumper Guard Applique Black Guard for 2012-2016.5 Mazda CX-5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

1102aa943f6ac3eafdf1e73ff47543a1.jpg
32fdccf339f869006481bb674171194d.jpg
45f99181845410f195133f5ae548e5c8.jpg
8d13a1c9895ac42d72667d3bfba4f418.jpg

#BlackIsBeautiful

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
De-chroming looks good, I like it.
I wonder, how it would look, without that whole chromed grill piece and the hood lip.

I installed Iggee seat covers in my 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Sport.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I put in Car Shades in the back last week, which you can kind of notice in one of the pictures with the sun shining on it.

Attachments

• FrontDriver.jpg
    FrontDriver.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 647
  • FrontPassenger.jpg
    FrontPassenger.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 622
  • RearDriver.jpg
    RearDriver.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
I installed Iggee seat covers in my 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Sport.

]

I put in Car Shades in the back last week, which you can kind of notice in one of the pictures with the sun shining on it.

reminds me of a 1981 Cessna I fly haha

Mother in Law, who loves to wax cars, washed, waxed and (supposedly clay bar'ed) mine today. I don't think she clay'ed though. Or shes doing it wrong. Regardless, it looks amazing. Afterwards, I stuck on the rear bumper guard I bought on Amazon.

Rear Bumper Guard Applique Black Guard for 2012-2016.5 Mazda CX-5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

1102aa943f6ac3eafdf1e73ff47543a1.jpg
32fdccf339f869006481bb674171194d.jpg
45f99181845410f195133f5ae548e5c8.jpg
8d13a1c9895ac42d72667d3bfba4f418.jpg

#BlackIsBeautiful

Say what? Your mother-in-law did all that? Why didn't she clean the interior as well? lol

Say what? Your mother-in-law did all that? Why didn't she clean the interior as well? lol
Right? Yes, she did. Believe me, she felt "bad" that she didn't have time for the interior. LOL

Right? Yes, she did. Believe me, she felt "bad" that she didn't have time for the interior. LOL

Looks good and agreed on black. Always like mine after a fresh wax.

What wax do you use?

I like Meguiars. Momma swears by Turtle Wax which is what she used.

I like Meguiars. Momma swears by Turtle Wax which is what she used.

I like Meguiars too. I've been using some Gold Class wax. Haven't had a chance to try their Ultimate wax yet.

As for Turtle Wax...seems most older folks only use that LOL! ~$5 for a cannister of it probably helps.

Last edited:
-- Wanted an opinion without a thread of its own. Sorry if this is frowned upon.
I want to replace two tires on my 15 Camry
These are my first choice based on discussions here : General Altimax RT43 Radial Tire - 215/55R17 94V. They are 100ish vs 190 for the Michelins that were on the Camry (eek2) have 65K warranty and load / speed rating seems satisfactory.
My tire shop doesnt like these. Says that they suck on a Camry and maybe are good on Mazda. Dont know what he meant. (my tire shop is a good year one :) )
Are Altimax RT43 recommended for sedans as well or you like them for Mazda but wont put them on other sedans etc?

-- Wanted an opinion without a thread of its own. Sorry if this is frowned upon.
These are my first choice based on discussions here : General Altimax RT43 Radial Tire - 215/55R17 94V. They are 100ish vs 190 for the Michelins that were on the Camry (eek2) have 65K warranty and load / speed rating seems satisfactory.
My tire shop doesnt like these. Says that they suck on a Camry and maybe are good on Mazda. Dont know what he meant. (my tire shop is a good year one :) )
Are Altimax RT43 recommended for sedans as well or you like them for Mazda but wont put them on other sedans etc?

We had the General Altimax RT43s on our Mazda 6. Great tires, with no complaints. I'd put them on any vehicle if the correct size was available.

YMMV

I have Generals on all my cars now, and will not hesitate for the Mazda when the time comes. Best tire for the money out there IMO, and a customer for life here if nothing changes. The A/Ts on my Tundra outperform the BFGs and are $500 cheaper. Still can't tell some hardheaded people that, my brother, he's about to buy his 3rd overpriced set of BFGs and I'm still on my first set of Generals...lol

I have Generals on all my cars now, and will not hesitate for the Mazda when the time comes. Best tire for the money out there IMO, and a customer for life here if nothing changes. The A/Ts on my Tundra outperform the BFGs and are $500 cheaper. Still can't tell some hardheaded people that, my brother, he's about to buy his 3rd overpriced set of BFGs and I'm still on my first set of Generals...lol

Good to knw. Discount Tire is asking 97 for each and with balancing TPMS etc. stuff it might run into 260. I will pull trigger and get 2nd set after 10K miles to complete the set.

Good to knw. Discount Tire is asking 97 for each and with balancing TPMS etc. stuff it might run into 260. I will pull trigger and get 2nd set after 10K miles to complete the set.

FYI- there is no TMPS stuff to be done for the rims themselves on the first gen CX5. In lieu of mounted sensors it measures rotational mass.

I have General Altimax RT43s on my Honda CR-V and they're the best tires ever for the money. They may be a little softer but your Camry is already soft anyway. ;)

Definitely go to Discount Tire and they'll match Tire Rack price. Any reason you don't change a whole set at this time? They're cheap considering you don't need a new set of tires for the next 65K miles!

And your Camry does have pressure sensor valve stems? I believe Discount Tire offers a rebuild kit so that you don't have to buy whole new pressure sensors which will save you some money!

Latest posts

Back