What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Road trip to Houston/Galveston and back to Dallas. Got my best tank so far at 29.1 mpg driving from Dallas to Houston, where highway cruising speeds ranged from 65-80 mph. Don't know what the mpg is yet for the drive back to Dallas. It was only me, my wife and our 1 year old, but the car was loaded with other stuff for our trip. Passing power was decent and at times surprised me, especially considering temps were close if not over 100F. The Anker Roav dashcam worked fine under the summer heat as well. Didn't fall off the windshield and always turned on no matter how hot it got in the car, and it got really hot to the point where I could not hold it with my bare hands to insert the memory card.
Is you CX-5 FWD? Last time we went down to Houston our CX-5 AWD was getting 27.8 mpg with 70~85 mph to Houston. On the way back to Dallas I determined to get the best highway mileage possible matching EPA's 30 mpg. I drove strictly under 70 mph and the most gentle way possible, and I finally beat the EPA rating, 30.2 mpg.

Sorry, got in a bit late and could not get a good picture. this link https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...da-CX-5-NR-Dashcam-that-can-be-powered-by-USB see the post from Kedis82ZE8, I could not plug into the empty slots, had to plug the yellow in with the wire on the right and the black with the all-black wire 3rd from left in picture.

Interesting, I have mine connected the same way you described but my A119 shuts down sometimes while I'm on the highway.
I've already requested assistance from Invisicord and it looks like they're sending me a replacement cable.
Thanks xmnj.

Left the dome light on again. Had to jumpstart it with my jumpstart pack again.

Now I have a check engine light on. (scratch)

When I was driving around for about 30 mins, it took at least 10 before the car was shifting normally again. Manual mode didn't work until it started shifting normally. Then the TCS came back on. Bluetooth and Pandora both were greyed out until I got to my destination turned the car off and turned it on again.

Working from home today, but will have to check it out later to see if check engine is still on.

Ended up not going anywhere yesterday. But went to work today and the check engine light was gone now. So...I guess no problem? (uhm)

Is you CX-5 FWD? Last time we went down to Houston our CX-5 AWD was getting 27.8 mpg with 70~85 mph to Houston. On the way back to Dallas I determined to get the best highway mileage possible matching EPA's 30 mpg. I drove strictly under 70 mph and the most gentle way possible, and I finally beat the EPA rating, 30.2 mpg.
Yes I have the FWD. I did not elect to use cruise control at all during this recent road trip. I am almost positive that if I did, I would have gotten better mileage. The CX-5 is not getting driven until the weekend, so it would be awhile until I will learn what the mpg is for the drive back to Dallas.

Ended up not going anywhere yesterday. But went to work today and the check engine light was gone now. So...I guess no problem? (uhm)
You should try to find out what engine code it was throwing since you had the check engine light on. That will give you an idea of what the problem was.

Did this today.

7e30f3e6b9f78396e5b68d4a6343ca3f.jpg
88513ad38a2b3fa5e8a01badc0fd9a0c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ended your warranty? LOL wait no...it's 60 isn't it?

96 degrees... that's like a snow day here in Western WA... they almost shut things down it's too hot. :)

Powertrain warranty is 60k I think.

Yep, was a hot one today!

50k just seemed like a milestone to me. This year especially. I was at 37k miles in January.

We can see by the needle position he was going pretty slow. 👍

Full front end wrapped (by a pro) with Xpel Ultimate film -- bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors. As well as bottom of door jams and top of the rear bumper. Lots of highway driving yesterday. When I got home I noticed a new tiny nick at the front of the hood, obviously a small rock at some point from the highway travel. This film is self-healing to some degree, so I'll keep an eye on this spot and see if it does in fact get any smaller.
I'm sure that only minor *scratches* are going to completely disappear, but I wouldn't be surprised if this spot heals at least a little bit.

This weekend I plan to remove the wheels and apply a ceramic coating front and back. This should make them come clean easier and keep road tar from sticking.

To many problems got out quick

I got rid off my cx5 after 6k of warranty work and got a lexus f sport 4 th generation

Attachments

• IMG_4159.JPG
    IMG_4159.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 240
I got rid off my cx5 after 6k of warranty work and got a lexus f sport 4 th generation

Curious how much tighter the suspension is on the F sport?... I had standard loaner '17 RX 350 a couple weeks back and that thing seemed really floaty all around and not inspiring in the corners.

Curious how much tighter the suspension is on the F sport?... I had standard loaner '17 RX 350 a couple weeks back and that thing seemed really floaty all around and not inspiring in the corners.

Your right its not as tight as the cx5 but i have the 20 inch wheels and its the 450h its not as tight as the cx5 in corners at speed but the wing mirrors dont shake lol

Since I hate the chrome on the car (or any car thats not a 50s-60s classic for that matter) I did what I also have done on my CX3, which is give the chrome a brushed look. Take a green Scotch-Brite pad and gently rub on the chrome until it gives a matte type finish. To me this looks far more classy and gives the car a more upscale look.

nochrome1.jpg

Before

nochrome2.jpg

Halfway done

nochrome3.jpg

Done!

nochrome4.jpg

In the sunlight.

I am thinking I may do the chrome trim the runs at the base of the windows too....

Congratulations on the new car. Do you like the new Lexus style that they have been producing? I feel like the new vehicles across the Lexus carline all have harsh body style lines and are in a way "trying too hard" to make it stand out. I noticed some other car manufacturers are following this type of zig-zag body features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back