Is it possible to add a backup camera to factory installed in dash monitor?

skylargirlcx5

:
mazda cx-5
Hi,

I have a cx-5 sport w upgraded blue tooth package (including the 5.8 in monitor) I thought at the time of purchase that, adding the monitor meant that I would get the back up camera feature as well. (apparently that is a Touring or Grand Touring feature)

Does anyone know of a way to add a back up camera and have it work w my monitor that is already there? I don't want something that adds an additional monitor on the visor or dash...I'd like it to work w my current monitor. I've seen that some can be added to your existing monitor if you have DVD/Video controls..I don't think I do, unless the aux line does something I'm not aware of. I would have to have it installed because I have no technological/auto mechanical skills :(

Thanks! :)

Hi,

I have a cx-5 sport w upgraded blue tooth package (including the 5.8 in monitor) I thought at the time of purchase that, adding the monitor meant that I would get the back up camera feature as well. (apparently that is a Touring or Grand Touring feature)

Does anyone know of a way to add a back up camera and have it work w my monitor that is already there? I don't want something that adds an additional monitor on the visor or dash...I'd like it to work w my current monitor. I've seen that some can be added to your existing monitor if you have DVD/Video controls..I don't think I do, unless the aux line does something I'm not aware of. I would have to have it installed because I have no technological/auto mechanical skills :(

Thanks! :)

You cannot add a regular backup camera that you can purchase on amazon; there are no video inputs.

Try you dealer. They can probably add it. It will be expensive though.

You can also go to the cx5 how to forum. In it there is a link to the service manual. It has info about the back up camera wiring and hookup

Someone posted on here their dealer did it for around $300. I have not seen the part online though, i cant imagine itd be hard to do.

ANy updates on this? At first I thought a back-up camera would be useless, but now I find the visibility pretty bad in this car. I'll probably get used to it, however, if I can add the camera for $300, I'd seriously consider it.

awolowa, call alobi mazda, i bought mine there and they told me they can do it for 300$ and the image is in your radio. speak with the parts department

Back