How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Same problem with TMPS

Ahhhh! Thanks XTman. So that's why the 'sensor' was so expensive and needed HQ permission to replace then.

ROOF RAILS

BTW, I'd like to fit roof rails to the CX5 but Mazda don't sell in UK as a stock item. I found an US site that sells OE rails for their US models (and they look as tho they will fit) but when I tried to order, they would not 'ship outside UK'. Anybody found a reliable source of quality rails to fit UK CX5s please??

UPDATE: 27APR : So the warning light illuminated again to say pressure/s are low; tyres checked, all were spot on, system re-set pressed, beep but still the warning message remained. Yet another trip to the dealer..... this is getting tiresome. Car is not yet 8 months old.

My mazda cx5 has a vibrating gear stick at motor way speeds after a battle wjth mazda customer care .
They have told me that there is issues with the Gearbox so going in for a 3840 gearbox in total this car stands in warranty work over 6 K

Vibrating Stick

My mazda cx5 has a vibrating gear stick at motor way speeds after a battle wjth mazda customer care .
They have told me that there is issues with the Gearbox so going in for a 3840 gearbox in total this car stands in warranty work over 6 K

Hi, I've not heard of this problem before but it sounds serious? Loose mountings? Ineffective damping? What do Mazda diagnose? Or are they simply flapping about replacing various bits to try and cure?

Can you advise when (mileage wise) the problem started? And what mileage is now please? Have you done much / any off road driving?
What's the cause?

Sounds a bit drastic to replace the gearbox because of a vibrating gear stick,are there other issues with the gearbox?

There is tech bullitin my car has done 27k and will vibrate at aprox 80/85 mph there is a totaly new gear box modes parts going in a sumary of faults from new discs warped ecu failure ar 19 k. Cam shaft noise caught early due to recall on vacume pump failure at 27k gear stick vibrate at 25 k head unit mod still waiting on back order. Ok here is the one u guys dont know about mazda have had problems with case hardening on cams only on cx5 diesel total cost on parts 6302 just parts

Sorry Tale

There is tech bulletin my car has done 27k and will vibrate at aprox 80/85 mph there is a totally new gear box modes parts going in a summary of faults from new discs warped ecu failure ar 19 k. Cam shaft noise caught early due to recall on vacuum pump failure at 27k gear stick vibrate at 25 k head unit mod still waiting on back order. Ok here is the one u guys dont know about mazda have had problems with case hardening on cams only on cx5 diesel total cost on parts 6302 just parts

OMG Gareth, that's shocking! You must be totally pi**ed off with Mazda. All that on a 27k miles car is just not good enough. I take it this is all being done on warranty? With you getting a loaner every time?

Please keep the blog going with how this all progresses.

Anybody else out there has similar problems?

There is tech bullitin my car has done 27k and will vibrate at aprox 80/85 mph there is a totaly new gear box modes parts going in a sumary of faults from new discs warped ecu failure ar 19 k. Cam shaft noise caught early due to recall on vacume pump failure at 27k gear stick vibrate at 25 k head unit mod still waiting on back order. Ok here is the one u guys dont know about mazda have had problems with case hardening on cams only on cx5 diesel total cost on parts 6302 just parts

There has been lots of cam failures reported on the Aussie forums, look on whirlpool.

There has been lots of cam failures reported on the Aussie forums, look on whirlpool.

I think this was due to the earlier cars diluting the oil too much because of excessive dpf regens. A lot of the earlier cars were reaching the x mark on the dipstick in between services. I think despite what mazda say anything more than a few mm of extra diesel in the sump is too much and will seriously deteriorate the lubrication properties of the oil causing all sorts of wear issues.

Does your gear stick vibrate every time you drive at motorway speeds? I've noticed mine vibrating every now and again, maybe 20% of the time I drive 70mph or above, but never thought much of it.

My CX-5 had it's first service last week which included a "software update". I'm not too sure what that meant as I was too busy to ask at the time. I've been monitoring the actual MPG as I have to keep mileage records anyway. It's been pretty consistent around the 40mpg mark except for a couple of times towing the caravan. Normal usage is a mix of around town and A roads, I seem to get better results than my wife.
Anyway, after the service I did about 100 miles of similar usage followed by a run up to Fort William. At the fill up in Scotland it achieved 44mpg, running around the highlands for the weekend and then traveling home, the next tank was up to 48.2mpg. Quite a lot of 40/50 A roads in top gear but still impressive as the last 140 miles was steady away at 85mph on the motorway.
Let's hope it stays up there.

Just had my 3rd service at 34k miles. There was a recall due to change the oil and filter and to use some flushing fluid on the engine, so my dealer combined this with my service and saved me from paying for the oil change and filter. That was the good news, the bad news was that my rear brake pads needed replaced again, thats twice they have been replaced. Has anyone else had to replace their rear pads roughly every 17k miles? Seems excessive to me.

I had my recall notice a couple of weeks ago but i said i would combine it with the second service at the end of June. As the recall includes new oil/filter they have reduced the price of the second service but only by 85. I am used to BMW oil services where the oil alone is more than that. The second service includes brake fluid and various filters and so will still be around 200. As the service and recall will take quite a while i have asked for a courtesy car, apparantly it will be a Mazda2 so be good to see what thats like.

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/commun...nual-with-front-wheel-drive-and-150bhp/page-4

Read the last post, its a known fault apparently.
I've still had no recall, perhaps mine will be carried out in the 2nd July service?

Interesting reading the views of others, thanks for sharing.
I had my rear discs and pads replaced under warranty at approx 17k miles, then the rear pads needed replaced again last week at around 34k miles, i'm just glad it's a Mazda and not a BMW or Jag as it'd cost a fortune.

I still haven't received my recall letter, but the dealer said my car was on the list for it, therefore they did it while servicing the car. Perhaps you should phone your dealer, ask if your car needs the recall, and arrange for it to be done at your service in July, therefore saving you a few pounds.

I had my recall notice a couple of weeks ago but i said i would combine it with the second service at the end of June. As the recall includes new oil/filter they have reduced the price of the second service but only by 85. I am used to BMW oil services where the oil alone is more than that. The second service includes brake fluid and various filters and so will still be around 200. As the service and recall will take quite a while i have asked for a courtesy car, apparantly it will be a Mazda2 so be good to see what thats like.

I've driven few Mazda 2's and 3's in the past few years as my dealer always lends me a car when mine is in for service, warranty work or investigations........ That has been an awful lot of visits in the 30 months I've had the car. The Mazda 2's are ok, very basic and small, but quite nippy for getting around town. Not idea for long trips on the motorway.

HI Chaps,

Been looking through the forum for a while now and it's my first post. Currently own a Mazda 3 and now looking to order a CX5 Petrol Sport this week and what wondering if anybody has ordered their vehicle through drivethedeal as they seem to be offering the best deal whilst putting you through to a main dealer. if you haven't what discounts have you been able to negotiate by walking into a dealer? Was also looking to buy the service package, has anyone else purchased this and does anyone know if you can take it to any dealer for the service even if you didn't purchase it through them?

Sorry for the many questions.

Cheers.

My suggestion and what I did, use the deal from any of the web-sites and email it to your local dealers (I actually emailed every mazda dealer in the uk) and then deal directly with whoever offers the spec you want, most reasonable distance because of your servicing and see who can beat the delivery time of the other web-site.
That way you deal direct so you / the dealer save the commission that 'drivethedeal' would get, which can be discussed, you get a relationship dealer who may well be closer for the servicing and you still save the money and get the deal you want.

When I did it, still got the deal + the saving the web-site was offering and I found a dealer who was second closest to me, who had my sepc and it was dealt with and delivered within a week.
Granted there's a spot of luck there but why give the web-site commission when all they do is basically email the info to the dealers.

HI Chaps,

Been looking through the forum for a while now and it's my first post. Currently own a Mazda 3 and now looking to order a CX5 Petrol Sport this week and what wondering if anybody has ordered their vehicle through drivethedeal as they seem to be offering the best deal whilst putting you through to a main dealer. if you haven't what discounts have you been able to negotiate by walking into a dealer? Was also looking to buy the service package, has anyone else purchased this and does anyone know if you can take it to any dealer for the service even if you didn't purchase it through them?

Sorry for the many questions.

Cheers.

My suggestion and what I did, use the deal from any of the web-sites and email it to your local dealers (I actually emailed every mazda dealer in the uk) and then deal directly with whoever offers the spec you want, most reasonable distance because of your servicing and see who can beat the delivery time of the other web-site.
That way you deal direct so you / the dealer save the commission that 'drivethedeal' would get, which can be discussed, you get a relationship dealer who may well be closer for the servicing and you still save the money and get the deal you want.

When I did it, still got the deal + the saving the web-site was offering and I found a dealer who was second closest to me, who had my sepc and it was dealt with and delivered within a week.
Granted there's a spot of luck there but why give the web-site commission when all they do is basically email the info to the dealers.

thanks for your advice, its much appreciated. Just had a look at Autobid and they are by far offering the best deal. Lets hope the dealer closest to home is able to match....

Back