2nd tank of gas - Impressive fuel economy for GT AWD

We traded a 2010 F150 Supercrew that averaged about 13 (on a good tank) in the city...we are already seeing the benefit of our trade when we fill up ($45 vs $110 fil ups and the same range per tank around town nearly). Miss the utility of the truck and still wish we got closer to the 33mpg highway rating (got 28 on a 100% highway trip taking it very easy)

Just drove from NYC to Dayton, OH and put gas in for the first time ever (it was full from the dealership). $35.55's worth, and still have nearly a half of tank left. Got 33 mpg highway... not bad considering i haven't broken in the engine yet.

We've not taken a true road trip yet, but from what I've read here, we should expect really good things. Like, 32-35 MPG while cruising (I'm assuming a "normal" cruise rate of, say, 70).

fortunately down here in morgan city, la i have found a way for my 30 mile commute to work and speed limit is 45-55 with 3 stops the whole way. haven't finished a full tank yet on this route. will be filling up today. i will say my current mpg gauge stays at or above 38ish. (also note, i'm not using A/C, figured out this affects mpg number greatly)

I am most unsatisfied not with the current mileage reading on the dash display, I had already read about the differential. What drives me crazy is the fuel gauge..... I can go 180 miles on a quarter tank (driving carefully), and another 180 miles before fill up (I fill up at 1/4 to 1/8th tank left). Does anyone know if this is a mechanical fuel level, or one of the capacitive versions that may be able to be calibrated better? The range setting on the dash display seems more accurate, but I also have had issues with only being able to put in 12 or so gallons before the "click off".... this is normal I guess for the expansion area built into all tanks...but I have not been "hypermileing" my fill ups....any thoughts?

I've got 9k miles on my GT AWD and I get 28.9 city calculated by me and 31.2 highway. Although the highway miles are not exact as I don't drive on the highway that often and the tank i calculated on was 60% city give or take.

Back