Bi-Xenons worth it?

I ordered Bi-Xenons for my current (Mini Cooper S) because I always wanted them. They just look so cool! After 4 years now I guess I'm on the fence about it if/when I get the CX-5. My wife and friends complain when I drive behind them I blind them. On a few occasions I had people flash their hi beams because they thought I had mine on. But it's the same case as my Toyota Tundra with normal halogens so IDK. If they're part of a package or trim that I am purchasing then it's fine. If I had to add it for $xxx.xx, I might consider an aftermarket kit that's more inexpensive and easy (EASY) to install that looks as close to stock as possible without blinding people and losing functionality.

I ordered Bi-Xenons for my current (Mini Cooper S) because I always wanted them. They just look so cool! After 4 years now I guess I'm on the fence about it if/when I get the CX-5. My wife and friends complain when I drive behind them I blind them. On a few occasions I had people flash their hi beams because they thought I had mine on. But it's the same case as my Toyota Tundra with normal halogens so IDK. If they're part of a package or trim that I am purchasing then it's fine. If I had to add it for $xxx.xx, I might consider an aftermarket kit that's more inexpensive and easy (EASY) to install that looks as close to stock as possible without blinding people and losing functionality.

The MINI halogen headlights are crap IMO, Xenons are a must...plus they look way better when you look at the front of the car. I will be taking delivery of my 3rd MINI this week, so I fully understand.

At least with the CX-5 it had projectors, looks more modern.

For its pricepoint the CX-5 offers a good Xenon system. The projectors are of good quality. It self-levels and it turns when you turn. Like others said it offers a good cutoff. My understanding is some International models have a feature in which if using highbeams, the car switches to low beams automatically if it detects another car. Useful in dark rural areas off road. Not sure if the US spec version offers that. The projectors do display a bit of yellow from the lens compared to other oem xenon equipted cars I've seen but the light output to the ground is very good at night.

The MINI halogen headlights are crap IMO, Xenons are a must...plus they look way better when you look at the front of the car. I will be taking delivery of my 3rd MINI this week, so I fully understand.

At least with the CX-5 it had projectors, looks more modern.

CX-5 & a MINI, you get the best of both worlds eh? Will it be a comfortable transition if I decide to jump from my 08 MCS to a CX-5 GT AWD? I'm also waiting on the Diesel if it ever comes out because I don't want to regret purchasing a CX-5 that lacks 'balls' when packing 4 adults and some luggage. (No offense to any one that feels the 2.0 is sufficient.)

It's been raining and cloudy here for the past week now. My Volkswagen CC's xenon lights (essentialy Audi xenons) are good but the CX-5 stock Xenon's cutoff is much sharper.

Back