GI: Replacement exhaust manifold

I would say leave it internal waste gate actuator because they make t25 turbine housings with 38mm v band outlets. I've seen them at atpturbo.com

they dont work on our car's. The oulet for the vband would put the ewg through the block lol. They are more for a turbo layout like on the dsm's. Where the intake of the turbo is facing the passenger side.

I'm ok with that. I want external wg with stock t2 location mainly cause I have popes dp, and external wg is so much more reliable

Really? I've been running internally gated for 6 years now on different car's and never once have i had a wastegate fail. i'm not arguing that external's are better for boost control i'm just saying as far as reliability at least for me its negligible.

+1 on the 409 for sure FUNCTION OF FORM any day!!!

EDIT: has anybody wrapped a tubular with the the header heat wrap stuff?? ive seen cars with it but it always looks like it doesnt last long...

i wouldn't do heat wrapping seen on some people's car's where it has caused corrosion.

Last edited:
they dont work on our car's. The oulet for the vband would put the ewg through the block lol. They are more for a turbo layout like on the dsm's. Where the intake of the turbo is facing the passenger side.

+1 I have looked into this a lot in the past

I've been running internally gated for 6 years now on different car's and never once have i had a wastegate fail. i'm not arguing that external's are better for boost control i'm just saying as far as reliability at least for me its negligible.
I guess it comes down to personal experience. I been through 6 wga in under 3 years all failing or not holding boost. I am for one looking to get the **** away from the stock craptastic setup.

You need to get your Vac source off the IM and put in on the brake booster. I replaced 2 WGAs when it was done that way and then After I moved it I have had never had problems and it has been 2-3years. I think the IM causes premature failure.

You need to get your Vac source off the IM and put in on the brake booster. I replaced 2 WGAs when it was done that way and then After I moved it I have had never had problems and it has been 2-3years. I think the IM causes premature failure.
its been off the brake booster line.....

I don't know about your theory but I can tell that my original WGA still works, always has and the vac source is still the factory line. Almost 9 years and 90K miles. Something else may be killing them and but it's not the vac source.

Many thanks to Cleverfrog! Because of his contribution this project just might leapfrog (pun intended) the intake manifolds. I should be able to get a jig built in the next 2 weeks or so and then get the first manifold built about the same time. I'm going to start with no EGR, and no EWG, but those will be added later. The manifold will not be supporting the weight of the turbo and exhaust and a flex will be required so they should last for the life of the car. I'm going to use heavy duty supplies so don't expect a weight savings. I'm debating between 409SS and 304SS. 409 isn't as pretty but its stronger stuff and for this application I think it might be right material for the job. Expect updates once or twice a week.

Lets start a numbered list so I can get an idea of what quantities I need to order.

Would def be interested in an exhaust manifold, if somehow you can make a package deal for the DP, exhaust and intake manifolds even better, u can count me in, pending $ figures

sub .

if I understand the cast version is the same as the oem manifold

and tubular are same as thunder manifold ?????

do you have any piks of the manifold ??????

It doesn't sound like there's enough interest in a cast manifold to justify the thousands that would be spent on tooling. I'll only be offering a tubular manifold - equal length runners and rams horn.

If we are talkin about a stainless ramhorn with equal length runner, no egr, no external wastegate actuator, and something compatible with both a gt25, gt2871r and your downpipes. Then I am 100% in. About how much is this going to run?

Thats what I'm going for. I'm working to keep pricing at or below $475 shipped.

Back