Mods that dont need a Tune/Does a custom TBE require a Tune?

super1chow

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
I just wondering what mods can be done before without a tune? Also thinking about getting a custom Turbo-back Exhaust would it be safe to run that without a tune? Whats the cheapest/reliable way to tune MSPs?

Currently have a Custommsp SMIC with Hard pipes, running the BPV/BOV set up with a HKS BOV, and a drop in filter.

Thanks

True tuning will take at least a piggy back AFC like Split Second. You can put on a TBE without it but to reap the full benefits you will need to get a good tune to take full advantage. That being said, I would put on the simple bolt ons first, then shortly after go and get a full tune done with the mods you have. This is the most cost effective way to do it.

Full EMS tuning is more indepth, but you can really fine tune with a full EMS. Alot of people suggest Haltech for your EMS needs

Ya i understand not getting the full benefits of it, but putting of the TBE would it have any negative effects on my car without a tune? Do you know how much a piggyback usually runs? dunno if i can afford a full ems

i think unichip runs like 695 new. i dont see how it would harm your car. i just dont think ud get the full potential from it

Ok, so technically there wouldn't be a problem with getting a TBE without a tune. Just wont get the full effects of it. Is the unichip tunable? i thought it just had like 4 preset maps?

Ok, so technically there wouldn't be a problem with getting a TBE without a tune. Just wont get the full effects of it. Is the unichip tunable? i thought it just had like 4 preset maps?

Unichip is tunable, but you have to have registered(usually reserved for shops because its very expensive IIRC) software and a cable to connect it to a laptop in order for it to work right. 2.0t03speed has all that you need to do it.

You can install anything you want without needing a auxillary computer or a tune. Search for turbo magazine's Project MSP and you'll see the gains they made by adding common parts without a tune.

Back