repairs for 2003 p5

esgarbanzo

:
mazda p5 2003
I need to do some repairs on my wife's 2003 p5.

I will be replacing the drive belts (water pump, alternator, ac, ps, 2 belts total) and the front motor mount, which the dealer says is cracked.

Its a manual transmission with about 65,000 miles on it.

Do any of you have advice on these repairs?

Also, the only links I can find to free repair manuals are sketchy scam-ish websites: protege5.ugly.net (for example).... is there a legitimate source for a pdf repair manual? Can somebody just email me one?

Thanks for any input and I'm excited to have found this forum!

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy. You will find all of the Mazda OEM manual info that you can get at the above listed link. Personally I don't think the protege is that hard to work on. For the most part you can work on it w/ a set of metric wrenches, metric sockets, extensions, breaker bar, screw drivers, and time. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. I just replaced my timing and accessory belts, I've done every motor mount, and much more than that. It just takes time. Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Nick

Agree but also need small set of hands and a bfh :) there are a lot of how tos I think there actually is one for those 2 belts and all of the motor and trans mounts

Welcome to the forum, I see you are from Seattle, come check out our NW section. As far as those 2 belts I had mine off and back on in 15 minutes the other day, so they are easy. The front motor mount is easy as well if you just jack up the front of the motor. I use the protege5.ugly.net all the time and have never had a problem.

Rob

Welcome to the forum, I see you are from Seattle, come check out our NW section. As far as those 2 belts I had mine off and back on in 15 minutes the other day, so they are easy. The front motor mount is easy as well if you just jack up the front of the motor. I use the protege5.ugly.net all the time and have never had a problem.

Rob

Must be nice I rounded a bolt off on it ps or ac can't remember which so now I gota wait till I can get a dremel. Not really the easiest locations to get to either

Back