Question on The Brakes

Yeah I just want to get something good since the OEMs only lasted 10-11 months before warping.

warped rotors

I just had my rotors turned (cut) again.. This is the second time in 31,000 miles.. So, I get about 15k per turning.. The dealership performed the work at no charge.

Craig

2007 CX-9GT

Aftermarket rotors..

Tirerack doesn't list anything for the CX-9 yet.. I had good luck with another car but not too much for the 9 right now, and nothing for rotors.

Same here. I am on my 2nd set of rotors right now. It is vibrating like earthquake any speed above 50mph when applying brakes. It has to be the design of the rotors that causes the warping. The so-call dealer said the problem will not come back when they replaced the 2nd set of rotors (BS). I was thinking if breaking-in the brake pads with the rotors has anything to do with the warping?

I am thinking about aftermarket rotors too. Please keep this thread updated guys.

~Jonathan

edit: I just found some rotors on Tirerack. They will be available later this month :D

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...9&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Grand+Touring+AWD

Someone should jump on this!!

Last edited:
Crystalwhitey - nice find.. These were not on the rack a few weeks ago. I'm glad that replacements are now available so that I have a choice when my rotors warp again on me...

Thx,
Craig

In Response to Hamproof's message on wipers (If you were speaking of windshields??)

I would get the refills from the dealer (they are the only place to get them). You keep your original (nice) blades. It cost $9.00. I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
They do have them now. Not cheap.

Does anyone know if the 2010 brakes are different (bigger)?

Back