No Brake Pressure (2010 CX-9)

I have a 2010 CX9 and just replaced the brake booster. Now brake pedal has no pressure. I pump the brakes several times and no pressure builds. I tried bleeding brakes and hardly and fluid comes out. So I then took the master cylinder out and bench bleed it, hoping that was the issue. However, It did not fix it. Still no brake pressure when I press the brakes.

Any idea what could be wrong? Any guidance is appreciated.

Are you using a pressure bleeder or the old pump-and-hold method? I'd suggest a good pressure bleed to be 100% sure that fluid is flowing at each of the calipers. If you have done that already it's hard to figure what else is going on given the description of your symptoms.

I used a pressure bleeder but only did it on the rear passenger tire. I believe regardless of bleeding, brake pedal should get hard if you continuesly pump it, even if it has air in the system. But I could be wrong. In my case, there is no pressure building up when I press the brakes.

You need to bleed the entire system. It sounds like you have more air in that system than can be 'compressed' by whatever fluid is in there. The procedure is normally to start with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work your way forward. Rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger and then front driver.

Back