rattles/squeaking in front dash

dandydaniel

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
so i've had my 08.5 for about close to 4 months now and all of a sudden, I've had an exponential increase of rattling and squeaking noises coming from my center console/front dash. they are very loud and are numerous and not just pinpointed to one single location. anyone have experience bringing the car into the stealership and having them fix it under warranty? anything i could do?

turn the volume up, that's all i do. i guess if the dealer tears it apart they might just stick some foam rubber or something around all the edges of the plastic panels. mine has been doing this too (8.5) and i think it's getting worse due to the weather getting cooler so the plastic isn't as soft

LOL... I dont hear it any more, my motor mount is so loud with vibrations I can not tell. I did get the seat belt squeak for a while but that went away with time...

When my car is cold i hear rattles like your describing, but after it warms up they go away.

I have some rattle, but it's probably my pioneer iPod adapter bouncing around behind the glove box. I just roll down the windows and/or turn up the volume.

it's really starting to get to me. and i guess it sort of did get louder as the colder weather kicked in. damnittttt

I have the same problem as well(08.5 MS3) its annoying! If you push on the top piece of plastic on the radio(which feels like mcDonalds plastic) you will hear it creak. I have been thinking about taking the radio out and putting foam around the edges.

I noticed a rattle coming from the door to the glove box. The rattle stops when I put pressure on it while closed, so I think a few pieces of thick double sided tape between the door and door frame will do the trick.

My rattle is also coming from the glove box. If I push up hard on the door from the bottom, it stops. I need to figure out a solution to this.

I drove over some potholes about three weeks ago and now the rear end has a rattle too it. I haven't had time to take it to the dealership yet, so I tried to just see what it is. I took the rear wheels off and everthing is solid, I emptied the spare and all the other parts with it and that wasnt it. I think might be my rear camber cross links but I'm not sure. Any one else have a rattle in the rear end?

My 3 has at least one particularly nasty buzzing rattle, which seems to happen more and more often, from either the upper left of the dash, or possibly it's coming from the driver side door.

I went to the dealer and even left it overnight for extended test drive, but they claim to hear nothing wrong.

It sounds like a hornet is living in there. It's driving me batshit.

If anyone knows of an aftermarket product I can get installed in trouble spots to help deaden the noise, I'd love it...

I'm about to use my damn scissor jack to hold pressure on the bottom of the glove while I drive.

It was in the lower 40's this morning and I noticed the windshield rattle. The glove box rattle was oddly absent. The windshield rattle was driving me nuts. It was so loud it sounded like it was raining.

I guess that's what I get for stiffening up my rear motor mount. I'm glad the climate where I live is mostly warm.

yup, mine (08.5) is just starting to do it too since the weather dropped. I was out tonight trying to do some runs with my DashHawk and really noticed it. Funny thing is that the first thing I thought of is that I recalled seeing this thread earlier and to check it out.

do just what it says in this thread. many guys have done it, and it works, i have tried lube, or the garbage bag strips trick, everything else first. just cause i didnt want to pull moldings and the head unit. none of it worked, and it drove me crazy that i had to try anything else. it took less than five minutes and i am very gratefull every day that i finally did it. like it says. atleast 90% sounds eliminated. go for it. you'll be glad you did

edit: i have an 08.5 gt as well

Back