Sport vs GT

Depends on what you want. For me an extra 1500 bucks for the headlights,taillights,seats,auto wipers, and bose system wasn't to bad. If you don't care for those things then go for the sport. I'm not sure what else is different. I'm sure you can find other after market parts for all those options besides the auto wipers for a little cheaper but it wasn't worth the hassle for me. Theres were only 2 GTs available (in town) at the time and no sports and I got a great deal.

There's a $1715 difference between the 2...

Auto-headlights and wipers are a novel touch and led tails are... pretty cool I guess. xenon headlights are, by far, the most practical and worthwhile of all the 'reasons' to get a GT.

The Bose system... garbage. If you're anything close to an 'audiophile' you'll want to replace it entirely. As for the "leather" seats... the MSP seats are amongst the best in terms of looks, support and comfort... in any car. IMO, the leather looks the best... but will wear over time (those unsightly creases leather gets.. especially in the bolsters... which is where the leather is!) In addition, cloth holds you in place better... so overall, I think the cloth seats are superior.

For me, I can turn my own headlights and wipers on myself.... and the led tails are.. well, who really cares? With an extra $1715 I can put in a ridiculous audio system and still have enough leftover for xenon bulbs. For that reason, the sport is my choice.

I agree with the post above about some things. All in all its all up to personal preference. I've been installing car audio since I was 15. I still haven't done anything to the stock Bose system besides a little padding behind the door speakers (which makes a big difference). I'm satisfied with the sound. I haven't touched the lights or wipers in 14,000 miles. I've grown to really like those tidbits. I've sat in a speed that had just cloth seats......theres no real difference besides the the obvious. Take the time and look at the cars available to you. Around my area your not gonna save much more than $1200 by buying a sport. A salesmen told be that and I thought he was BSing me but after doing the research he was right. This was only because of the cars that were available in my region at the time and their options and so on. The GT was the better buy for me......26100 OTD....great deal

Lots of questions like this. I think it's best to go to a dealer that has both and sit in them. Everyone will just tell you why they got theirs. In short, yes it's worth it considering what you get. But if the leather and hids are not that important to you, it might be best to save the cash.

Yes, climate control is in the sport (the one that lets you set the temp and it auto adjusts).

Thanks, I didn't know.
For some reason no one who came in to the dealership where I bought my GT wanted one in arrest me red so it was racking up the test miles. I got it for the cost of a sport, so it wasn't really a tough decision for me.
If not for that, I wouldn't have bothered with the extra cost of the GT over the Sport. For the price difference, you could have someone install a much nicer stereo system than the Bose.

Having been forced to pick up what is essentially the GT in Canada, I have to tell you I don't use many of the features.

Autoheadlights are useless - I turn them on manually every time I start the car, turn them off every time I'm done. Headlights are there as much to be seen as they are for you to see.

Autowipers are annoying, and I rarely use them because I prefer to control my own. Plus, forgetting it in auto mode and then coming out the the car covered in ice or snow, turning on the car, and having the wipers scrape across ice and damage the blade? It's happened once or twice already.

LED tail lights are nice, I guess, but I don't know how much it'd bother me if I didn't have em.

Xenon headlights are nice and bright, which is good.

I don't have leather, and I probably wouldn't want it in the first place. Cloth breathes better and holds you in place better during cornering, and wears better without requiring as much maintenence.

The Bose system is better than the standard one, but if you're an audiophile you're going to want to swap it out anyway, so why pay for it?

Personally, Im kinda stupid sometimes so if I hadnt bought the GT, I would forget to turn on my lights or wipers or something and get myself killed. And I want the people behind me to know Im stopping, so they dont rearend me. The Bose system is a pretty good stock system - if you dont plan to do anything with it. I dont need 4 90' subs in my trunk to hear my music, so the Bose gets the job done for me, and I LOVE being able to see the road in front of me, not to mention raise my lights up and down while driving.

The seats..... omfg orgasmic. They hug you just enough to make it almost dangerously comfortable and put you to sleep if you arent completely rested before driving long distances.

To me, its worth the extra 1700. But really, it all just depends on the driver. :)

Personally I am happy with the sport. I think the GT is a good deal (without nav) but a good perk of the car is it's low price. I simply didn't want to have higher payments. Also when you look at it, most of the features in the GT are "ok". Leather is only the bolsters, Bose is supposed to sound alright, I personally don't need automatic wipers or lights. HID lights are a nice investment, but there are much lower cost custom alternatives. I actually like the look of the sport taillights better.

Either way you go, you'll get a lot of car for the money. Just be happy with your payments, and I doubt you'll have any regrets.

you get an alarm sys., bose sound sys wich doesn't suck can't understand why people say it does?, automatic xeon lights , windshield wipers and yes the fully stitched leather all for a payment difference of only 30bucks a month. now thats a steal if you ask me, I opted for another 30bucks amonth to get the $1,750 navigation its awsome, its gotten me out of so many traffif jams like when i went to the track the other night on the opposite side of town in the middle of 5:00 traffic i chose the detour and it talked me through abunch of backroads , nieghborhoods country roads, and all the sudden i'm at Houston race way park!! priceless!!!

I would say no. The stereo is what ever, you can get a navigation much cheaper. The other stuff is also what ever fluff.

yeah but you can't get a navi that hides in the dash, has every reateraunt park school, etc with phone numbers all included and programmed in..

If youre going to do it, do it right. Get the GT.. People are very impressed when i valet my car with it. The nav, auto controls, seats, HIDs, LEDs, it really finishes this car, not to mention, gives you a better resale value. Sure, the Bose system isnt a knock out audio system but it sure beats the hell out of a lot of stock systems out there. All it needs is 2 amps, component speakers and a sub.. you would be surprised at how good it will sound.

In Dash nav rocks.

If youre going to do it, do it right. Get the GT.. People are very impressed when i valet my car with it. The nav, auto controls, seats, HIDs, LEDs, it really finishes this car, not to mention, gives you a better resale value. Sure, the Bose system isnt a knock out audio system but it sure beats the hell out of a lot of stock systems out there. All it needs is 2 amps, component speakers and a sub.. you would be surprised at how good it will sound.

In Dash nav rocks.

haha exactly!! oh yeah I forgot to mention the cool led tail lights..

you get an alarm sys., bose sound sys wich doesn't suck can't understand why people say it does?, automatic xeon lights , windshield wipers and yes the fully stitched leather all for a payment difference of only 30bucks a month. now thats a steal if you ask me, I opted for another 30bucks amonth to get the $1,750 navigation its awsome, its gotten me out of so many traffif jams like when i went to the track the other night on the opposite side of town in the middle of 5:00 traffic i chose the detour and it talked me through abunch of backroads , nieghborhoods country roads, and all the sudden i'm at Houston race way park!! priceless!!!

On the other hand, if you're paying cash, it ain't $30/mo.

I might be getting an MS3 soon too. After reading what you guys had to say about the differences, all I want are the HID"s I guess. But I could probably use my HID's from my MSP now and just get H7 bulbs right?

Latest posts

Back