trailer hitch

yoh

Hi I am looking for different trailer hitch options. I was wondering where the hitch would attach to the body. From looking under the car I can not spot any obvious places that would look like potential or designated attachment points. The best spot might be between actual bumper mount and body. Has someone installed a hitch and remembers where it is attached? Or better has a pic or two of the installed setup? Or maybe a pic of the uninstalled hitch would help too.

my Hobie 16 - weights battle ready about 325 lbs. the trailer is probabely another 250 lbs.
Weight is not really what I am concerned about. I have pulled my old boat with my VW Golf Diesel with honking 54 HP for many years with out any issues.

Patrick

yeah, i really wouldnt risk that with an MSP.
our gearing is odd, i dont think 4 cyl. forced induction really likes a towing capacity, and our little fwd diffs. like to take s**** for no apparent reason.....
Just something to think about.

i have a 4x8 utility trailer i pull with my p5 all th time trailer weighs 250 load about 300 no problem

The only thing I would consider towing with an MSP is a wheel and tire trailer for autocross events and I would take the flattest route possible.

Well to be fair, the OP didn't say that he had an MSP either. But yeah, if you have one...I wouldn't risk it. Any other model should be ok.

Back