Popping Noises at Idle??

Maz2001MP

Contributor
POSTED IN WRONG SECTION, REMADE THREAD IN THE MSP PROBLEMS SECTION.

Does anyone know what might cause this?? Its a random popping (if I could make the sound it would sound like a low "dunk") that will accompany the regular tone of the exhaust. It's not loud or anything but actually very quiet except on a cold start where the sound is noticeable. I'm catless w/ a FMIC, full cs exhaust, bov recirc.

I just changed the plugs, wires and coil packs for a tune up a little while ago. I checked for exhaust leaks, nothing. I also just cleaned out the egr valve today and it seemed to have no affect. Would a possible leak in the recirc hose fitting cause this type of noise?

I have no CEL, but I was thinking possible exhaust (no ticking either) or intake mani leak? Vacuum is steady at 22-23hg. I still have yet to check my AFR's. I doubt this is a lean popping condition because I have no exhaust popping on decel but I am not sure. The power is there except for the basic MSP ecu bs. The turbo spools fine, I mean everything else seems ok, but the sound I am hearing is abnormal for sure.

Last edited:
Back