I swear I'm going to sand off my MS3's paint and just paint it flat black...

bast525

:
'07 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Funny thing is... I been doing that to cars LONG before it was ever popularized...

But seriously, I don't even want to do it because it looks cool (but DAMN does it look cool on the right car).

I'm just tired of nature and the elements conspiring to screw up the paint on my brand f'ing new car.

I am unlucky in that the apartment I currently live in does not believe in garages or covered parking. And I live on the east coast which has the worst acid rain. And the trees and birds here are viscious. And the roads are horrible and there are billions of loose pebbles all over the place just begging to be picked up and turned into flying paint ruiners.

I want a car cover, and that's fine for overnight... but I'm not going to sit there and throw the cover on every time I go to work/store/movie/whatever.

I dust the car off every day but humiditiy over night forms water spots on the car every day. I wash and wax it but a day later it looks like crap.

Otherwise... my car is at the mercy of the elements. And I see cars around here that are only a couple years old that look like crap... and I know those owners probably don't have covered parking just like me. And so my car will probably look like crap in a couple years too...

Sorry..... just had to vent. Anyone else who doesn't have a garage and just get tired of stressing their new cars' paint finish like this?

Anyone else think the MS would look awesome in flat black?

I'm with ya. Keeping your car clean is depressing... especially in places like va and fl. Afternoon showers... every day! 10920x50 birds everywhere, dirt roads, and salty ocean winds etc... Seriously, I feel like if I don't keep my car clean, that I'm less of a man or something lol. I feel like I don't deserve to be an enthusiast, or drive around a very nice looking (imho) car if it's not clean. Right now, I haven't washed my car in about 3 weeks... just haven't had one afternoon that's been free, or it hasn't been raining or a cold front coming through the next day etc. I'm garaging her thursday as I'm leaving for australia for 3 months, so I'll be forced to wash her late wed. afternoon before I put her to sleep. Idk if I would go as drastic as flat black... but I know that as of now I have to at least re-paint or possibly replace my front bumper, rear bumper, and possibly hood :(

Repainting is expensive if you are getting GOOD paint... otherwise you will just be repainting every year or two.

I've used 'cheap' paint places like Earl Scheibb... not something I would do for a newer car though.

And yeah... WTF with Virginia and rain EVERY DAMN DAY.... it seems like during the tail end of summer it is just CONSTANT.

Between work, wife, etc.... I don't have time to wash the car every week. I had to take a day off work to make time to wax the car as it was. Unfortunately... since I have no buffer, there was already water stains in the paint that I just waxed over... nice.

Oh and I almost forget about the INSECTS... can't drive anywhere without getting bug splats all over the front of the car.

My birthday is coming up and I am imploring my wife to get me a bra and car cover.

ok you two obviously have not lived in the northeast or have seen a winter.....yeah its bad. rock chips from rocks and salt. sand everywhere. and the sand stays in the interior for a long time. be grateful. yes it rains a lot in the south but the change in seasons up here i beleive is harder, and you dont have to worry about rust like us as well.....

My house is on a dirt road, about 1/4 mile of it from the highway. So my car is clean maximum 1/2 day. If I wash it in town, it's dirty when I get home. If I wash it at home, it's dirty when I anywhere.

So, I just let it get dirty until it is so bad it starts effecting my gas mileage, then I wash it.

haha, yeah this summer georgia had the worst case of pollen I have ever seen. Add I live in a brand new neighborhood, and they are building houses next door, and my car gets filthy in one day.

heheh no I didn't live in the 20's... I mean the current 'trend' of people primering their imports. Actually... I know people been painting muscle cars in primer for a long time now, so I take that back.

But before you started seeing it in import magazines like Sport Compact Car.

Mr. 4500 RPM said:
ok you two obviously have not lived in the northeast or have seen a winter.....yeah its bad. rock chips from rocks and salt. sand everywhere. and the sand stays in the interior for a long time. be grateful. yes it rains a lot in the south but the change in seasons up here i beleive is harder, and you dont have to worry about rust like us as well.....

Yup same here...winters in Canada just ruin your car. I have chips ALMOST down to the metal.

The difference in my dad's 1984 944, which was garaged since purchase, and his 2004 TT, which can't fit in his garage is insane.

The 944 has 80,000 miles but it looks amazing. Almost no rust anywhere. Sure, it needs to be restored a bit mechanically, but the finish looks great. When he did drive it, it was his only car, so was driven through the winter.

His TT, which has endured only 4 winters outside (but probably did not get waxed until it had been his for a year) looks worse. It still looks good, but I wouldn't want to drive it in the winter. Then again, his office does lease it for him..

My MS3 is immensely happy in my not-quite-perfectly-sealed garage, and I do not plan to drive it in the winter anymore. I don't even care what winter car I have, as long as it's reliable. Of course my wife wants us to get another Protege 5, as she misses it a lot..

Donas64 said:
I live in Va.

Keeping the car clean sucks

I need a garage!

I need a car thats not white.

Another VA resident here.

I just washed the car, and today the car turned back to yellow. It looked like I hadn't washed it in two years. I hate pollen!

Back