Protege Garage FMIC Review

Dinos Speed6

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Well after over 300 miles put onto my engine after gettin the front mount put on here is my review. The very first thing I noticed when taking the car out for the first time is how much faster the turbo was spooling WOW and it would actually pull all the way to redline. What I was also initially inpressed with is the fast that less piping was used to optimized air flow from the turbo to the IC and back to the mani. Another thing I noticed is at strat-up there is no stuttering or puttering it starts up just like stock. When cruising around town I noticed that I could actually hear the turbo now and did it sound good, you can hear that air rushing threw the pipes and even though the BOV is set to recirc the sound of that Greddy RS BOV is absolutely amazing. After long drives and beating on it a little I open the the engine bay and test the pipes by placing my hands on them to feel how hot and cool they are, the pipe running from the turbo is as expected warm. but wow the pipe coming back from the IC is cold to the touch its great, I think the design of this IC works great for air flow, I have not noticed any lack of air flow. The SRI definately gives a throaty sound to that engine and IMO is the best thing for this set-up. Im excited to get this on dyno and see what it puts up for numbers, you can definately feel the increase in power when you drive it. One of the best things about this kit is its a complete bolt on, not cutting required, no re-using of any stock parts which means if you need to revert back to stock for any warranty work or for any other reason it could be done in an afternoon. Finally here are some pictures I took yesterday:
CIMG1125.jpg

CIMG1124.jpg

CIMG1123.jpg

crazyspeed6 said:
Sweet....When is the dyno going to be, I thought it was supposed to be yesterday?
Was is the key word haha, I guess we couldnt get in yesterday so we are setting up a new day.

Looking good.
Question- is the stock plastic pipe used to the turbo inlet. I see a coupler ther by the battery and that is just about where the stock pipe ends?

I discovered how ugly that pipe is when I put the mazdaspeed intake on. It is hard to find poon as tight as Mazda made these.
Still anxious for some test results.

maestro said:
Looking good.
Question- is the stock plastic pipe used to the turbo inlet. I see a coupler ther by the battery and that is just about where the stock pipe ends?

I discovered how ugly that pipe is when I put the mazdaspeed intake on. It is hard to find poon as tight as Mazda made these.
Still anxious for some test results.

Nope the stock plastic pipe is not used.

Back