"NEW RECORD" Again. HiBoosted Supreportege's car keeps doing it... 12.003@ 115.29 MPH

HiBoost TS said:
Why haven't our two new records been posted in news forums?(scratch)

12's have been posted in the news forum already...I'm waiting for the new frontier to be had...Than it will be time to post again ;)

Antoine said:
12's have been posted in the news forum already...I'm waiting for the new frontier to be had...Than it will be time to post again ;)

I think a record is a record and we are not talking about hondas here that can run 11s and 10s easy. These cars are heavier and running 12.0 is great, as long for us who are investing a lot of money and time tryning to get better and better.

Juan

I believe it was raining and no one really had a decent run. I could be completely wrong though. (ugh)

HiBoost TS said:
What did he run on saturday?
9.9@154

J/P we were dynoing the car friday night till 5am and had some issues. timming was off. so i didnt bring it. Im doing a couple things and getting the car ready to goto the track this week

You coming friday chris. A bunch of us are riding up to the track for midnight maddness

awesome.....btw tell your brother to go on a diet, just to lose about 10 pounds an you guys should be set! (first)

Boston5761 said:
awesome.....btw tell your brother to go on a diet, just to lose about 10 pounds an you guys should be set! (first)

I know the car can do better. Last time, the track was a mess and he couldn't make the same 0-60 at 1.7.

HiBoost TS said:
I think a record is a record and we are not talking about hondas here that can run 11s and 10s easy. These cars are heavier and running 12.0 is great, as long for us who are investing a lot of money and time tryning to get better and better.

Juan

Thats what I always say. Imagine our cars if they weighed as much as Honda's. Imagine Evo's and Sti's on a diet.

Any clue on what superproteges car weights? i weighed mine last week , i was wondering the comparson?

CWiLL said:
Any clue on what superproteges car weights? i weighed mine last week , i was wondering the comparson?
The car weights 2765 lbs with 2 front seat and full exhaust (the car had to be weighted for all 3 runs done NHRA Sports Compact Event 4/4/06). I will find out from Manuel where he ordered the cometic head gasket from.

Was this with or w/o nitrous? if you took the heavy wings west bumper off you'd shave more pounds off the car and prob would have gotten an 11 sec run. i thought the drag protege from ziel motorsports ran 10s or 9s?

JDM Sam said:
Was this with or w/o nitrous? if you took the heavy wings west bumper off you'd shave more pounds off the car and prob would have gotten an 11 sec run. i thought the drag protege from ziel motorsports ran 10s or 9s?
This run was without nitrous. Manuel wanted to remove the rear wing to take weight out but I didn't want to. The rear wing is held down with screws and adhesive double side tape. The body shop did a good job and I didn't want to ruin it. This my daily driver and after the runs, we took off the slicks, put the regular tires on and drove from West Palm Beach to Miami. I didn't want to remove the front bumper either, I had to go to work the next day. I taught the track being messed was just an excuse other cars that were there that night were making because they didn't do good times but when I looked at the slips, I saw that it was only on the 1st run (before the sportsman cars with street tires ran) that we hit a 1.7 6o ft and kept getting 1.9 for the rest of the night. We are going to go back to the dyno to do some more tunning to see if 11s is possible with a VF 22 Turbo and a Haltech F10x.

Back