tint + proximity sensors ?

I have a Clifford alarm installed with a dual proximity sensor.

People tell me I cannot install tints because the metallic film will make the proximity sensors go crazy !

Is this true ?
Can I find tints without the metallic film ?

I thought I could do without the tints ... but it makes the P5 look dam good.

Last edited:
It really depends. Sometimes metallized film will cause problems and sometimes it won't. Certain things, such as navigation systems, antennas that are built into the glass, etc. will not work properly depending on the brand/shade of the tint film. One of my friends used to work in a tint shop and he always advised his customers of this possible problem. A solution would be to find a tint shop that uses a high quality died window film with a lifetime warranty. You might want to check out the forum on www.tintdude.com

Call Clifford, I have never heard of this problem at all.
Let me know what they tell you.

I know through glass antennas will get screwed from tint but I don't see why a proc sensor would.

Yeah I would assume the proximity sensor would be fine, because a few of my friends have DEI alarms and metallized film and have no problems. I guess if anything it might affect the sensivity of the sensor, but that can be adjusted. However, the antennas and navigation systems definitely have issues. But like 1st MP3 in NH said, I'd call the manufacturer just to be safe.

Back