2022 CX-9 Loss of acceleration…Anyone else?

:
22 CX9 94 B3000
2 year old CX-9 touring, 24k miles (northern Ohio). Since about Oct I have noticed I will lose acceleration during normal daily driving. This happens maybe 2x per week. Seems to happen more often in the morning when the engine is maybe a little cold, but I will have driven more than a mile through the neighborhood to get to the freeway on ramp. It does usually happen on the on ramp with a more extended period of acceleration. Maybe about half way up the ramp (slight incline) and usually it feels like during a gear shift I lose acceleration. It feel like when using the adaptive cruise control and you come up on someone and the cruise just drops the acceleration. No party lights on the dash. I can mash the gas pedal, and nothing. But if I even slightly lift the gas pedal, and press down, it will start accelerating again. I found a similar post (will post link below) from someone with a 2016 CX-9 and there was no definitive solution (his actually went into Limp mode and Mazda bought his from him). I know, I need to get it to the dealer, and haven't yet. I will have a scheduled service soon.

Someone in that old post said it happened to them, when they turned a corner. I noticed that it usually happens after I have turned a right hand corner, but I am usually half way up the (straight) on ramp.

It will happen when the engine is warm, just not usually.

I have switched to higher octane fuel since, but that has had no affect on the frequency of this occurring.

I assume this has an electronic throttle control rather than hard linkage between the gas pedal and the throttle body, since lifting even slightly on the gas pedal will correct the issue.

And to clarify, I am not using the cruise control when this happens.

Anyone else?

Is the check engine light illuminated? Has an OBD2 scanner been plugged in to check for trouble codes?

I agree with PTguy but also, you should be within the factory warranty so let dealer deal with it(?).

Thank you for the replies, of course it's still within the factory warranty and as I stated, it is going in for a normal service soon. I was hoping someone else had experienced a similar issue who could give me enough info that I could say, maybe look at this or that when I go into the dealer (given the occasional nature of what is happening.

Back