Limp Mode? 2022 CX-9

Z31

2022 CX-9 GS-L
2022 CX-9 GS-L

Have any of you triggered limp mode?

I just remembered a couple weeks ago I was driving, pulled off highway, stopped and turned right onto a side road. As soon as I started to accelerate, the dash lit up, “Radar Cruise” motivation “ Engine Malfunction” notification, and flashing engine light. And engine mgmt had cut power so it qas sort of stumbling.

I pulled to the side, turned off and restarted car and everything was 100% back to normal.

I had been driving for about 4 hours previous and it was raining moderately heavy, and a bit foggy. I thought at first it was just the radar cruise was just having trouble with the fog/humidity, but then saw the flashing engine light. Everything has been perfect since.

My Mazda app blew up and it logged 10-15 alerts one after another. I’ll attach screenshot (as much as I can get on one page anyway).

Attachments

• IMG_8170.png
    IMG_8170.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 85
Bring it up to the dealer and get it looked at while under warranty. Radar cruise issues wouldn’t trigger limp mode, it would only becomes unavailable (with the associated radar cruise unavailable warning). I know from experience driving in the snow with slush sticking to the front radar until it becomes non-functional.

It could be a myriad of things, it could be a bad ABS sensor, or just a glitch solved with a software update.

Yes, will have them look, just to have a record of it happening more than anything. Perhaps there is additional info stored in the codes; would love to hear their hypothesis.

I have had radar cruise temp disable a few times in the winter with the snow/salt covering everything, but this just went bonkers. Must have lost connection to the mothership.

Seems like it was probably just a random software glitch, I guess to be expected these days.. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?!"

My car went into limp mode ONCE right when I was getting on the freeway. Pulled aside, restarted, and everything back to normal. 98k on my dash now. I think it was just a glitch. Knock on wood!

Bring it up to the dealer and get it looked at while under warranty. Radar cruise issues wouldn’t trigger limp mode, it would only becomes unavailable (with the associated radar cruise unavailable warning). I know from experience driving in the snow with slush sticking to the front radar until it becomes non-functional.

It could be a myriad of things, it could be a bad ABS sensor, or just a glitch solved with a software update.

Back from the dealership today, there were no stored codes related to the event.

They even tried to charge me 1hr of diagnosis because there was nothing there!

Took a bit of work, but between explaining what happened and showing the alerts on the screen/app, they waived the fee.. They thought maybe because issue happened over a month ago, that perhaps it was erased? Everything seems fine now, but was hoping their would be a code, even if it was generic.

Last edited:
Back