2014 CX-5 Android Auto and Apple CarPlay budget options?

slippin3

Hey Folks,

I have a 2014 Mazda CX5 that has the Bose/GPS/Rear Camera from factory. Tech package I think it was called lol.

I would like to add Android Auto and Apple Carplay to the vehicle. However, the car has been mostly relegated to second duty and doesn't seem a ton of miles.

What's the best budget friendly option? Are the AINAVI units and similar on AliExpress and DHGate any good? I'm likely better going with something like the Alpine iLX-W650 and associated modules?

Hey Folks,

I have a 2014 Mazda CX5 that has the Bose/GPS/Rear Camera from factory. Tech package I think it was called lol.

I would like to add Android Auto and Apple Carplay to the vehicle. However, the car has been mostly relegated to second duty and doesn't seem a ton of miles.

What's the best budget friendly option? Are the AINAVI units and similar on AliExpress and DHGate any good? I'm likely better going with something like the Alpine iLX-W650 and associated modules?
NEVER buy one of those no-name piece of garbage "Pure Android" Chinesium unit. They are JUNK. ALL of them. How do I know? I loved the idea of them I tried three different ones. Ever tried to use a $25 Android tablet from Wish? Because that's pretty much exactly what they are.

The Alpine you mentioned is great, as is Pioneer, JVC, Sony, or Kenwood. Personally I have a Kenwood and couldn't be happier. I scored it off of eBay with the iDataLink Maestro RR for $200!

The iDataLink module not only lets you retain your steering wheel controls, but also gives you full gauges, right on the screen of the radio. Not all stereos are compatible with it, but pretty much all *good* ones are.

Attachments

• IMG_20201209_162404218_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201209_162404218_HDR.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back