What have you done to your P5 today?

placed kenwood amp under passenger seat. Sits and fits nicely. cables are somewhat hidden. But when removing seat and looking under carpet, noticed the insulation was soaking wet. I wonder if there is a way rain water is coming from the bottom as i drive or from roof??? Anyone else got this issue? The carpet is dry as dry can be, just the insulation and the floor is wet. :( eventually gonna rep the whole interior bottom out and find the problem.

They WILL right off a 2002-3 car for that level of work to be done..

I'd be surprised if they totaled that. Most insurance companies total cars at 70% or above. These cars hold their value pretty well, average nice condition P5's are worth $6000-ish around here, so $4200 or more to total. I'm a body man, and I usually don't pay attention to what the jobs cost, I just fix them, but that doesn't look like more than $4000 worth of damage to me. A used door, blend the front door for color match, and maybe 10-15 hrs worth of repair time on the quarter panel, depending on what insurance company writes the car. Ballpark, $2000-$3000. I would want a used quarter panel installed if it was my car, and not a quarter panel made out of bondo, but I imagine used parts for these cars are scarce, at least CLEAN/reusable ones.

They MAY take the used parts availability situation into consideration when writing the repair though, so you never know what these yahoo's are going to do anymore.

If they do total it but we can fix it for less, how does that work if I want to keep the car. I would replace the p5 for a speed3 but i like not having a car payment right now

They would give you a salvage title, and less money for the car.

Example - My wife's 97 Cavalier was totaled out a few years ago from hail damage, '07 I believe. $4400 worth of damage to a $2200 car. lol It was completely sound mechanically though, just looked like a giant golf ball, so we bought it back from the insurance company. They gave us $1600 and the salvage title. Here in Ohio, to get a rebuilt title (you can't get plates/registration on a salvage title, obviously) you have to take the car to the State Highway Patrol and they have to inspect it and give you a clean bill of health. lol You'll have to check your local laws for the process in your state.

We drove the car like that until this past April when I got the p5.

Last edited:
placed kenwood amp under passenger seat. Sits and fits nicely. cables are somewhat hidden. But when removing seat and looking under carpet, noticed the insulation was soaking wet. I wonder if there is a way rain water is coming from the bottom as i drive or from roof??? Anyone else got this issue? The carpet is dry as dry can be, just the insulation and the floor is wet. :( eventually gonna rep the whole interior bottom out and find the problem.

There are a scary-number of reasons why there might be water there on these cars. I recently fixed a pretty big leak on my car, here's a thread that details my experience. On the top of the second page Clarkbug links to a good thread with a bunch more possible leak locations. Yours doesn't sound that bad (my carpet was sopping wet) so you might get lucky (eg. clogged sunroof drains).

Good luck!

There are a scary-number of reasons why there might be water there on these cars. I recently fixed a pretty big leak on my car, here's a thread that details my experience. On the top of the second page Clarkbug links to a good thread with a bunch more possible leak locations. Yours doesn't sound that bad (my carpet was sopping wet) so you might get lucky (eg. clogged sunroof drains).

Good luck!

bad thing is no sun roof, but i will inspect and check out link you gave me. Thanks.

Jeez, I know what you mean about unlucky! I have a laser blue P5 and I've been hit twice in parking lots (anonymous douchebags) and rear ended once. I'm thinking the same.

Drove it to school, and back...getting ready to install/polish my dress up washers that just came in. and install my side skirt that I just finished wrapping,
and maybe, once my driveway becomes available again, re-wrap the S pipe

i am new here soon put pictures of my turbo p 5 and seen good projects that motivate me.
my avatar is my p5 enjoy this .....

lol they make the engine bay look nice, thats something to be excited over!
and they come with SS bolts too, so no more having to worry about rusty hardware :D

:D
299737_741695549499_48800484_36346288_116453245_n.jpg

Attachments

• 299737_741695549499_48800484_36346288_116453245_n.jpg
    299737_741695549499_48800484_36346288_116453245_n.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 109
Hopefully painting the lip, bumpers, sideskirts and wing next week and bodywork to follow shortly after so i decided the chipped to **** rotas needed a new finish in the mean time. Next day my Mazda Emblem came up missing
frown.gif

Shane, I don't usually dig slammed cars but your P5 is freaking awesome. (2thumbs)

What did you use for the side skirts and rear lip? That looks good.

On topic; I swapped out my CF hood for the stocker for the winter. And washed/waxed the Milly getting her ready for winter. Yes, I'm retarded, I washed and waxed a car with a blown motor that hasn't moved in 2 months. But in 3 weeks she'll have a fresh JDM motor and will be my comfy DD. :)

Back