G2 Brake Paint options

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
I was shopping for brake paint tonight when I came across some options. I used the G2 paint on my Protege and it was fantastic. Went on easy, really looked good, and held up for 4 years with minor blemishes. I want to paint the brakes on the MS6 now as well. Red isn't for me this time. It looked good, but I want something a little more subtle.

I was planning on going with black, but found G2 has a limited run of Mustang colors. One of which is Tungsten Grey. I'm torn between black or the tungsten now, and would like opinions.

I plan on going with black wheels shortly if that makes any difference.

I think gray on black would look really nice. Even more so because your car is gray...I think black on black would be unnoticeable.
My opinion.

TungstenGTPonyCoupe910.jpg

Here's a quick pic of the color that they'd be painted. You all know what black looks like.

I agree with tx the black on black would probably be unnoticable, grey on black is what i would go for!

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty much set on the grey now.

I plan on upgrading the rotors when the pads go, so I'll be putting Stoptech slotted rotors on as well, which should really stick out behind the wheels.

I just said screw it and ordered the Tungsten Gray brake paint. Should have it sometime early next week.

I'm thinking this might be a direct match for Titanium Grey. My guess is that it'll be darker than the paint on my car, but better than black. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it done.

Ordered the paint and it arrived the next day. I came home last night to find it on the porch. Looks like I'll be doing these next weekend, but I'm excited to get them done.

You paid way too much. I've applied all the caliper paint brands over the years and found that a small can of Rustoleum for $3 does the exact same job. Lasts for years and you can choose from a wide selection of colors.

You paid way too much. I've applied all the caliper paint brands over the years and found that a small can of Rustoleum for $3 does the exact same job. Lasts for years and you can choose from a wide selection of colors.

My experiences with the spray on cans from the local store just haven't held up. I've taken my time, even applying it on new calipers to have it hold up less than a year. I guess the money is a peace of mind.

Ok, here's a quick sample of the color, and it's a bit darker than the final product:

Oh, also, G2 offers a lifetime warranty on their paint. If it chips or fades and you prove it, they'll send you another kit free of charge.

Attachments

• PA300214.JPG
    PA300214.JPG
    543.9 KB · Views: 178

Latest posts

Back