Mazda5 Sightings...

7red7 said:
I wonder if that migh have been me??? We were on our way to visit a friend in Sacramento that same day and take the 80 through Fairfield :D

IIRC, there was a woman driving and nobody in the front passenger seat.

Saw one today just south of I30 going south on I35E. It was the indigo blue sport model. Some young guy listening to his Ipod. He didn't notice me until we passed, then he jumped in behind and started trucking along with me until I had to exit 67 south to Duncanville.

Matt

I see almost one everyday where i work, Today I saw a blue one and a sliver one, none of them with navi, and both were automatic

meackerman said:
IIRC, there was a woman driving and nobody in the front passenger seat.

Heh definitely not us then *LOL* But hey we'll be sure to waive if we see you around :D

solid_snake said:
I see almost one everyday where i work, Today I saw a blue one and a sliver one, none of them with navi, and both were automatic

How can you tell they are with navi or not, and automatic too? :O

gemino said:
How can you tell they are with navi or not, and automatic too? :O

i work at a McDonald's(ughdance)

so when i'm going to give out the food or to take pay in the drive thru I am able to see that

saw a dark gray, sport, 5 speed today. And it was parked in the Fairfield Target parking lot, one space away from our 5. Both my wife, my son and I walked over and peeked inside.

Saw a Carbon Grey today with California plates in Victoria British Columbia....

Any California forum members vacationing in Victoria???

Last edited:
I saw a carbon grey with MD temp tags pull into the parking garage at work. It was too dark in the garage to tell if it was a Sport or a Touring.

geezerz99 said:
I'm dying to get one but we're low on funds right now. So i decided to pick up some silverstars off ebay for $15... and i have to say they're pretty good. For the hid dreamers like me, try em silverstars, it'll work for now.

Where on EBAY did you get them ??
Service from them good ?

kokomo said:
Seeing them quite a bit now in Seattle and surrounding areas. Starting to be pretty common.

(attn) Are any of you guys sporting MazdaV.com decals or putting "checkout this site" notes on Mazda5's???

Spread the word...Thanks!

Update

Northwest subsubs of Chicago....white, cardinal red and one phantom blue!! Love the white!!

Saw two today. One was a bare bones auto red sport. I think it may have been a rental, it just didn't look lived in and I've never seen one that bare bones on a lot around here. But maybe it was just new, the tags were from last month. So, anyone lurking that was at the FireBowl Cafe in Centennial, CO today for lunch?

I also saw a stellar green one pass me at an intersection today. I've never seen two in one day before and I've seen more white than anything else until now. Speaking of which, the red is an interesting color (I hadn't seen it close up before) - I had heard that it skewed pink, but I thought it looked orange. If fact when I caught it's reflection in a window I thought it was the metallic orange speed6 I had seen on my way into the parking lot. I kind of liked it.

So did anyone see me?

Mount St. Helen's July 9th.

Didn't think so.

Our whole trip from Victoria, BC to Seattle to Mount St Helen's and back (Friday morning to Sunday night) we only saw 1 Mazda5 (not including our own of course) and it was a Platinum Silver just as we were passing through Surrey on the way to the Ferry - and it had Washington tags. Not a single 5 in Washington - the one I finally saw was in BC. Just crazy! I thought it might have been Perfecto (no tint) but with the Washington tags... no go.

Anyway, the car performed great, we put more than 1200km (750mi). Picture is from one of the lookouts on the way to Mount St Helen's.

Attachments

• dscn4436e.jpg
    dscn4436e.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I saw my second Mazda5. We were at the Delaware shore last week and a Whitewater Pearl 5 blew past me on Route 1 without a wave or anything. I moved into its lane and started to acclerate to catch up with it when my husband asked me if I was crazy. Oh well....

It was a great trip, but we came back with a nick in the paint - probably from all the wind and swirling debris from Tropical Storm Ernesto.

In Montreal there are full of them. Just on my street we are 2 GT owners.

Me = black
Neibghor = dark gray

In my immediate neighboorhood, I think I've seen 3 more (shocked).

I work like close to cityway 40 and on it's service way I see tons of them. That is probably since beginning of july though. Before that they were scarce.

When I went to find a replacement for my Jetta the dealer had 3 in stock, including a black - lucky me! There were 2 indigo blue and one plat silver, my first choice, but he wasn't sure if he could get it. So I went with the black.

But of course I think people in QC are proven mazda lovers (first) . We bought lots of proteges and now lots of 3s.

There is another Mazda5 that lives two streets from us. Beyond that, they seem to be pretty scarce around Baltimore. I think we've seen two others in the four months we've owned our 5. Our dealer says they only service three others.

Over the summer, we drove from Maryland to Mississippi, via Nashville on the way down and through Atlanta and Raleigh on the way back. We saw zero 5s. This past weekend we drove from Maryland to Boston and back. Again, we saw zero 5s.

Maybe we're all just seeing each other?

Back