What did you pay for your CX-5?

I am curious to know if anybody got an insanely 20% or a more likely 15% off MSRP on a CX-5. I have researched a lot but after 30 days of calling dealers nationwide, I cant figure out if they succumb to the sales pressure month end, quarter end, year end to offer crazy discounts or it is your pure luck and bargaining skills anytime around the year to get a deal.

I have seen 10-15% pretty regularly since I joined here, but more recently, getting 15% has been a little harder. I think it may have something to do with the pandemic and the lower inventory as a result of the pandemic. With that said, some people have still been able to land good deals - likely from dealers with healthy stock levels. Good negotiation skills and local market research also play a big role, I'm sure. Sometimes all the dealers around you aren't willing to discount more than 10% off MSRP, so at that point you either bite the bullet, you expand how far you're willing to travel to get a deal, or you wait until they start to clear out the leftovers.

I'm shopping for a 2021 GT w/ PP in Machine Grey at 0.9% financing, and the three best discounts I have been able to get after two weeks are: 9.91%, 9.99%, and 9.18%. The problem is none of them have the exact options I want, and they all have $400 roof rails which I do not want. I just want a cargo mat and cargo cover, but everyone is acting like this is a huge pain in the butt.

I'm shopping for a 2021 GT w/ PP in Machine Grey at 0.9% financing, and the three best discounts I have been able to get after two weeks are: 9.91%, 9.99%, and 9.18%. The problem is none of them have the exact options I want, and they all have $400 roof rails which I do not want. I just want a cargo mat and cargo cover, but everyone is acting like this is a huge pain in the butt.
That discount is quite less. I am unsure which location you are hunting, but you might be able to get better pricing on a 2020 GT w/ PP in Machine Grey. Also try the https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/
I have seen you get 100-200$ lower than using www.trucar.com
However with amex, you need to provide a zip code where you are trying to shop for a car.
Use it as a baseline to start your negotiation

I bought a 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring with the Premium Package and Snowflake White Pearl Paint for $30,380 out-the -door. The MSRP was $33,580. There was no trade-in and paid cash. This was at a Mazda dealer in St. Louis on 1-29-21. No haggling over price. I might have gotten a better deal if I was a better negotiator. The $30,380 price I paid did not include taxes, nor did it include title and plate transfer fees. The price did include a $200 dealer fee and $5 fee for a temporary license plate.
This sounds exactly like a deal I was able to get but for a GT in Red, without premium package. The MSRP is just under 34k. Not sure how your MSRP with Prem Pkg is 33,580. I'm seeing that price for the GT with no add ons and 1,600 on top of that for the prem pkg.

Some dealers gave me this price right off the bat, while others were quoting 1-2k more and unwilling to match. This is the NYC metro / tristate area. I don't feel like I got a spectacular deal as several dealers were willing to do it. However, none were less than an hour away from me.

Not sure how your MSRP with Prem Pkg is 33,580. I'm seeing that price for the GT with no add ons and 1,600 on top of that for the prem pkg.
Here is a picture of my window sticker. As I stated previously, my out the door price was $30,380 which included everything except tax, title, and plates because I bought it in another state. Of course, I had to pay those fees when I got the car home.

Attachments

• 7D9EF180-610D-4BDE-A374-D91391DF481B.jpeg
    7D9EF180-610D-4BDE-A374-D91391DF481B.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 163
Here is a picture of my window sticker. As I stated previously, my out the door price was $30,380 which included everything except tax, title, and plates because I bought it in another state. Of course, I had to pay those fees when I got the car home.
Ok yours is a FWD vs the AWDs that are in stock in the northeast. AWD bumps up the price almost as much as the premium package.

Ok yours is a FWD vs the AWDs that are in stock in the northeast. AWD bumps up the price almost as much as the premium package.
I live in Illinois. We get our share of crappy weather, but not enough to justify the AWD. If it’s so bad out we need AWD to get around, we will just stay home unless it’s an emergency. I had a 4-WD Tahoe for 9 yrs and absolutely never engaged the 4-WD. We always took our FWD Honda Civic on snowy days if we had to get out. Crazy, I know. But we never got stuck, plus our roads get plowed in a timely manner.

I live in Illinois. We get our share of crappy weather, but not enough to justify the AWD. If it’s so bad out we need AWD to get around, we will just stay home unless it’s an emergency. I had a 4-WD Tahoe for 9 yrs and absolutely never engaged the 4-WD. We always took our FWD Honda Civic on snowy days if we had to get out. Crazy, I know. But we never got stuck, plus our roads get plowed in a timely manner.
Whatever works for you. Over here they only have awd GTs from what I sww during my 2 week search

Sraghava, Thanks for posting the dealer. I feel it's my obligation to tell you that you should run, not walk AWAY from that dealer. Let's just say I have firsthand experience with them and they are EXACTLY the kind of lying, sleazy, underhanded scum dealer that give all dealers a bad name in the business. I don't want to discourage you, but I need to warn you. Do not do business with them.
What Mazda dealer(s) in Georgia do you recommend?

I live in East Cobb and just test drove a CX-5 at Mazda of Roswell last week. I was unimpressed with the staff.

Thank you.

What Mazda dealer(s) in Georgia do you recommend?

I live in East Cobb and just test drove a CX-5 at Mazda of Roswell last week. I was unimpressed with the staff.

Thank you.
I dealt with Roswell. Their MSRP and their windows sticker does not match their advertised MSRP https://www.mazdaofroswell.com/new-...racted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-trim-2
They charge like $800 for the windows tint and mobile shield. An after market windows tint for 2 front windows is $50 and clear shield is at max $150.
@rolltide They will be under pressure last day of the month and quarter Q1 . If you can haggle few hours before business close, you can get a deal.

@ rolltide, Don't waste your time with Roswell. They will NOT budge on removing those charges for tint and mobile shield no matter how hard you try. Email Chris at Jim Ellis in Marietta. Contact info below.

Chris Chandler
Jim Ellis Mazda Marietta

New Car Sales Director
Direct: 404-906-7750
cchandler@jimellis.com

At 10% off you did fine. Forget the term OTD, as this is a perfect example as to why it's a useless metrix. The price to get your car out the dealers door is different than someone elses' since someone else would have to pay the same taxes/fees as ou did when you got it home, yet the dealer took home the same money from both of you. Hence, OTD is misleading. But yes, at 10% of MSRP you did fine. You didn't steal it but you didn't grab your ankles either. Drive, enjoy, you and the dealer both did okay

At 10% off you did fine. Forget the term OTD, as this is a perfect example as to why it's a useless metrix. The price to get your car out the dealers door is different than someone elses' since someone else would have to pay the same taxes/fees as ou did when you got it home, yet the dealer took home the same money from both of you. Hence, OTD is misleading. But yes, at 10% of MSRP you did fine. You didn't steal it but you didn't grab your ankles either. Drive, enjoy, you and the dealer both did okay
10% off seemed like a deal to me, but someone more savvy in negotiating could have, no doubt, made a better deal. A year from now, it will only be a distant memory. No use having a heart attack while trying to save that last $100. Besides, my salesman and the finance manager (closer) were so nice, I almost invited them both over to celebrate Groundhog Day.

OTD, on the internet, should refer to what you pay the dealer, not including your taxes and dmv fees.
10% off seemed like a deal to me, but someone more savvy in negotiating could have, no doubt, made a better deal. A year from now, it will only be a distant memory. No use having a heart attack while trying to save that last $100. Besides, my salesman and the finance manager (closer) were so nice, I almost invited them both over to celebrate Groundhog Day.
It seems good for these times. Apparently car dealers arent getting an endless supply of cars like they used to so they are holding on to them longer trying to get as much profit as possible. Hearsay from a car salesman friend so take it with a grain of salt but makes sense from my recent experience. My local dealers didn’t want to do 10%.

adding on: not to mention the time spent negotiating to get another few hundred off. I did it all over email because some dealers are still slimy even when youre not in their showroom. It took 2 weeks from when I decided what I wanted, slow responses, they insisted on talking price over the phone, then wouldnt give concrete prices, all kinds of games I wouldnt have thought they would still do. I could have kept sending lower offers but who knows how long it would have taken to get a decent dealer to bite.

Last edited:
OTD, on the internet, should refer to what you pay the dealer, not including your taxes and dmv fees.

It seems good for these times. Apparently car dealers arent getting an endless supply of cars like they used to so they are holding on to them longer trying to get as much profit as possible. Hearsay from a car salesman friend so take it with a grain of salt but makes sense from my recent experience. My local dealers didn’t want to do 10%
The Mazda dealer in Springfield, IL has a lot full of new cars. I didn’t even contact them about a deal. Probably should have. I found a dealer 100 miles away in St. Louis that advertised the exact car I wanted, was pleasant to deal with, cut me a good deal without much effort on my part, and I rewarded that dealership with my business. No regrets. Besides, it was a nice outing for my wife and I. Good day for a drive.

Back