What did you pay for your CX-5?

They're spamming. Wrote an innocent sounding post back in Nov. I just checked the post and they edited it to spam a link. :rolleyes:
This is a known tactic now and we’re on top if it...Thanks to @sm1ke for taking care of this one. (y)

A reminder to everyone, please report suspicious posts and if possible check back on posts you thought seemed odd in the past to see if they added any spam links (and report such posts if there’s spam)...Now let’s get back to the topic, thanks!

Don't know if this is a good price, but if anyone is looking for a 2020, this dealership, and others across the country are offering $5,000 off all CX-5's. Plus add'l $750 Mazda Loyalty. This one has GT's, GTR's, and Signatures. $33,000 for a 2020 may not be an orgasmic price, but it could be worse.

This one has $6,500 off 2020's but only has FWD

There is a 2021 Signature AWD for $33,655 so not sure why you'd go for 2020 for $33,000.

Probably because that dealer is scammy. Have you seen their Yelp reviews?

"Don't even bother. They have one price on the internet and then tell you a significant higher number. It's called false advertisement!"

Probably because that dealer is scammy. Have you seen their Yelp reviews?

"Don't even bother. They have one price on the internet and then tell you a significant higher number. It's called false advertisement!"

I haven't. Thanks for the info!

I just sent the following email to the above mentioned dealer/car. I'll let you know what he comes back with....

" Could you tell me the COMPLETE sales price, after all dealer installed accessories, AFTER dealer doc - everything, before tax, ,title, license and other required fees. Thank you"

Last edited:
Initial response from Southern Palms

"So I just went back on the notes you put and you said the vehicle online was $33,655? Where did you see that?"

So I sent him the above link. (all I did was use the "check availablilty" form on cars.com and asked him the total price before TT&L) . Should be interesting as he's already hesitant. More to come...

End of story....

"So I had to go online and look for it on cars.com because the link still wasn't showing up. But cars.com made a mistake you can see all on cars.com that even a used is about 33k. The actual msrp is on the Southern Palms Mazda website."

Last edited:
Is $27770 a bad price for a FWD touring with pp? MSRP of $29750. There's a $1000 customer cash incentive in addition to that, dealer fee is $900. Tax is 4.15% and on top of that tags and title will run about $200. Dealership won't budge at all. I wanted FWD to save $ but for $1K more I could probably get an AWD (although I don't need AWD at all).

Last edited:
Is $27770 a bad price for a FWD touring with pp? MSRP of $29750. There's a $1000 customer cash incentive in addition to that, dealer fee is $900. Tax is 4.15% and on top of that tags and title will run about $200. Dealership won't budge at all. I wanted FWD to save $ but for $1K more I could probably get an AWD (although I don't need AWD at all).
Terrible deal. Tell dealer to suck it.

@onerpm What was the OTD or $$ you ended up paying in total for that?
msrp on my 2020 signature was 38,100 including destination. Purchased June 2020. Price before my trade-in allowance was 33,157, including 1500 "double owner loyalty" and 500 "healthcare worker" discounts. Other than sales tax on the trade difference, title and license, the only other fee was the (bulls***) "document administrative fee" of $100. So, about 13% off. And I didn't negotiate at all - was content with that and with my trade allowance. Could have knocked off another couple/few hundred, had I felt like it.

I am curious to know if anybody got an insanely 20% or a more likely 15% off MSRP on a CX-5. I have researched a lot but after 30 days of calling dealers nationwide, I cant figure out if they succumb to the sales pressure month end, quarter end, year end to offer crazy discounts or it is your pure luck and bargaining skills anytime around the year to get a deal.

What are you folks paying for your new CX-5's, in relation to MSRP?

I assume demand is far outreaching supply at the moment, and am curious what that's doing to the price.

I ask, primarily, because I have a fairly urgent need for a new vehicle, would like it to be the CX-5, but hate the idea of paying at, or above, MSRP :)

thanks!
Just got a brand-new 2020 touring for 24400 out the door with zero interest

I am curious to know if anybody got an insanely 20% or a more likely 15% off MSRP on a CX-5. I have researched a lot but after 30 days of calling dealers nationwide, I cant figure out if they succumb to the sales pressure month end, quarter end, year end to offer crazy discounts or it is your pure luck and bargaining skills anytime around the year to get a deal.

its very simple. Seeing at least 15% or or more lately seems to confirm everyone has the trade bargaining skills :) if you cant reach at least 15% easily dont even try

Latest posts

Back