2021 CX-9 getting newer Mazda Connect, chances of CX-5 getting it?

:
2016 CX-5 w/ Tech/Activsense
I have a 2016 CX-5 and will probably need to add a second car this fall. I am tempted to get another cx-5 but my least favorite part of the car is Mazda Connect. Do we think the new Cx-5 will get the newer system too?

So basically this thread:

So basically this thread:

Funny, I only go to General really since I bought this car a few years ago. I completely forgot that subforum existed.

Funny, I only go to General really since I bought this car a few years ago. I completely forgot that subforum existed.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

Thread moved to our CX-5 Infotainment sub-forum...Here's a page that lists just the CX-5 sub-forums (under "Mazda CX-5 Forum")...

10.25 '' standard.

That looks slick!

I wonder if it's possible to retrofit that into '20 or older models?

Mazda Canada says nothing of this new system in the Canadian Market 2021 CX5...actually, they said the same old 8 inch system is in the '21's...strange they are rolling this new system out in the US market but not in the Canadian one.

That looks slick!

I wonder if it's possible to retrofit that into '20 or older models?
If only the screen was bigger but the old system, probably yes. With the new generation infotainment and software, highly unlikely.

Mazda Canada says nothing of this new system in the Canadian Market 2021 CX5...actually, they said the same old 8 inch system is in the '21's...strange they are rolling this new system out in the US market but not in the Canadian one.
Dumb decision. It's such an obvious selling point.

If only the screen was bigger but the old system, probably yes. With the new generation infotainment and software, highly unlikely.
I would assume the next gen. infotainment would contain the new software, so I am thinking it's plug and play to a degree. The cost to try this out, however, is most likely prohibitive. I am comparing the dash panels and I think they modified the leather decorative panel that is between the screen and the HVAC vents so that would be another piece that is different.

Such a curious decision for them to do this. Since they seemed to have made the same decision with the Canadian CX9 (they mention the 9-inch Mazda Connect system in their news release), I suspect there is something more to this than we are seeing.

I am sort of happy they didn't update the Canadian ones as I just picked up a 2020 CX5 and would like some time with it before Mazda starts making such changes.

I would assume the next gen. infotainment would contain the new software, so I am thinking it's plug and play to a degree. The cost to try this out, however, is most likely prohibitive. I am comparing the dash panels and I think they modified the leather decorative panel that is between the screen and the HVAC vents so that would be another piece that is different.

Such a curious decision for them to do this. Since they seemed to have made the same decision with the Canadian CX9 (they mention the 9-inch Mazda Connect system in their news release), I suspect there is something more to this than we are seeing.

I am sort of happy they didn't update the Canadian ones as I just picked up a 2020 CX5 and would like some time with it before Mazda starts making such changes.
The new infotainment comes along with the telematics connection and a data plan. From what I've heard from MCI they have been unable to negotiate terms with the Canadian Oligopoly that is Telus, Rogers and Bell.

The new infotainment comes along with the telematics connection and a data plan. From what I've heard from MCI they have been unable to negotiate terms with the Canadian Oligopoly that is Telus, Rogers and Bell.
Makes sense. Although, doesn't the 3/CX-30 have the same system? Answered my own question, I see the 3 is not equipped with the telematics module like the USA cars but has the newer Mazda Connect system. I suspect they just planned to roll it out but, like you said, didn't get the deal negotiated in time so they missed the cut off.

This is a surprise. Canadian website is saying WIRELESS CARPLAY is on the 2021 cx9 with the old 9 inch Mazda Connect system?! Same for 2021 CX5. Wow.
1598622403195.png

Attachments

• Mazda.jpg
    Mazda.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127
The 2021 Mazda6 was announced this morning also with wireless Apple Carplay on the Grand Touring trim, but without the newest infotainment system.

Back