Search results

1. Sekmor

CX-5 NA Oil weight 0w20 or 5w30?

Is it ok to use 5w30 in my 2.5L (non turbo)?? The manual states to use 0w20 for US/Canada. 5w30 is an option if living somewhere else. My other vehicles use 5w30, and always have a case sitting on the shelf. I'll continue to buy that special jug for the CX5 but it would be convenient if they...
  2. Sekmor

Help with oil leak (2014.5 CX-5)

I noticed some oil drops on the garage floor so took a peek under the car. WTF. There's a big oils slick but i can't find where it's coming from. With the plastic covering, it's spread all over. Starts about mid way under the passenger front seat all the way to the back. Gold color like engine...
  3. Sekmor

What engine coolant to do a flush?

Been a while since I been on here. Our 2014 is still purring along. Figured it's time to do a coolant flush. We're at 8 years, and about 120,000 kms. So do I need anything special for coolant?? One store sells ONE jug, "good for all makes and models". The next store has 10 different colored...
  4. Sekmor

Attaching Image to post

I have searched and experimented and cannot find an answer. I'm trying to attach a picture in my post. Go through all the steps, but when completed, all I see in the post is a link. Tough to explain something when the reader has to click on links going back and forth. I notice some of you guys...
  5. Sekmor

Oil filter choice; OEM or ???

There are lots of comments and threads about this subject, but figured I would start a new one. I was going to do my own oil change so went to dealer to purchase an OEM filter #1WPE-14-302, cause I like using OEM parts. Earlier this year the CX5 was at the dealer for some warranty work, which...
  6. Sekmor

Another Review, 2014.5

In this thread, I'm going to review our 2014 CX5 FWD, 2.5L GS (Touring). Since some people on here think Mazda makes the best vehicle around, I must have got one built on Friday. We purchased this vehicle new 3 years ago. It's a later build 2014 with the few updates half way through the model...
  7. Sekmor

Update on 2014 mirror and hood vibrations

Our 2014 has had the driver mirror and bad hood vibration from day one. The dealer never wanted to do anything, so when my 3 yr warranty was getting close, I demanded some action. Good thing was the original service manager , who was an idiot, finally was let go and the new guy is trying to fix...
  8. Sekmor

Canadian GT drivetrain FWD or AWD?

Was in the dealer the other day and was told GT's only come with AWD. Cannot get a GT with FWD. That includes 2016 -17. I like some of the GT features but I don't really want AWD. Never really thought about it, but if shopping for a new vehicle, that may leave Mazda off the list. Has this...
  9. Sekmor

Door lock noise

Noticed my electric door locks are making a weird whining noise. I found this thread while googling, but notice it's in the audio section. Figured moving it here may get some more hits...
  10. Sekmor

Engine light on dash display

What do you guys do when the engine light comes on?? The wife noticed when she drove to work. I told her to check vital fluids first, which are fine. I know what engine lights are for and the range of problems can be nothing, to needs service asap. Suggested to drop by dealer and they can do a...
  11. Sekmor

1WPE-14-302 oil filter ???

I just picked up this 1WPE-14-302 filter from the dealer. Never paid attention to it until I got home and see the number is different than the one I got last time PE01-14-302A. The WPE also says "made in Thailand" instead of japan. Did Mazda make a switch or did I get the wrong / old style...
  12. Sekmor

2.5L Oil level fluctuation

Ok, guys I'm at the end of my rope and need some help here. Sorry for the long read, but had to put all the details down. This issue has gone on for a long time and it's definitely not getting anywhere with Mazda. Dealer or the Canadian help desk. So I have a 2014 with the 2.5L gasoline engine...
  13. Sekmor

Oil change tools

Used up my 2 freebie changes, so going to do the next one myself. Can someone confirm what size of allen wrench/socket I need for the plug.........8mm or 10mm ??? Also there was some talk on the drain plug leaking because of the washer. ( I have not had that problem). So the filter came with 2...
  14. Sekmor

Help with posting pics

I'm having issues with posting a pic and not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I'm not allowed??? In the "manage attachment" tab, a few pics get downloaded to the top box (add files), and then the pic gets dragged down to the part 2 and everything looks ok. But when I post the thread...
  15. Sekmor

Torque rating on 2.5L engine

Just a little trivia question............. Why is the torque rating on the 2.5 different between the FWD and AWD? Is there something actually diff in the engine, intake, or is it computer driven? Hp are the same on both @5700rpm. Torque is 185 on both.............FWD @ 3250...
  16. Sekmor

Another canadian joins the club

Hello everyone...... Woohoo, just purchased a new CX5. After test driving and comparing for the last month, we picked the '14 GS model, in Soul Red. We had to look at the other brands. But in the end, it was a pretty easy decision to go with the CX5. Plus there's a nice $2000 incentive on any...
Back