Recent content by bustamelon

1. B

Hesitation on accelerating

Mine is a manual. iGT hatch. Yes, Colonial. About 5 days old, 300 miles. It hesitates not all the time, but on occasion, and only from a stop into first gear. Part of it is probably just getting a feel for how it gears. Coming from an 09 Fit which has a very different box (but oddly started...
  2. B

Get-go for me. Mine is only a few days old.
  3. B

Instrument Cluster Swap ???

I'd be curious to know about this too. I guess these are the pitfalls of early adoption. I think they totally got this backwards. Why they would put a giant analog tach on an automatic transmission, and a tiny, unreadable tach on the manual is completely beyond me.
  4. B

I noticed that too. I'm almost relieved it's not just my car. A little disappointing. But, oddly, once it has a little momentum, it really seems to kick in and GO. (manual iGT hatch here).
  5. B

In southern New England and new owner!

Where in S. NE? I'm in the Danbury CT area. I just got what my salesman said was THE "last titanium hatch in the northeast." A bit of bluster, I thought, but who knows? Sure did have a hard time finding it.
  6. B

Why is 2014 I Grand Touring Manual very hard to come by in delaership ?

Finally picking mine up tomorrow. After 3 months of searching. Local dealer did a swap. I got what I guess I would call a fair price, but there was not much room for negotiation on this one. The salesman had people lining up behind me for it.
  7. B

What did you pay for your Mazda3 w/ Taxes and Fees?

I'll be picking mine up on Saturday, finally. Been searching, finding, losing, wheeling, dealing, haggling, fighting, calling, emailing, hanging up, cursing and caving in for over three months. I don't know if it's just the specific color/trim/tranny, but every time the one I wanted popped up...
  8. B

Umm.... did it roll off the back of a truck? That's $10K under MSRP.
  9. B

Speedometer hard to read??

Gotcha. That's kind of silly, since the S only comes in auto (up to now)
  10. B

No problem. Check local dealer websites though -- sometimes they have their own lease offers.
  11. B

I see you found your unicorn, haha. Did the local dealer do the hunting for you, and did they drive it there, or did you have to go far to pick it up? ** Edit: BTW, djrodz, thank you for your PM. I got it and replied, but my reply doesn't show in my sent box. I don't know if it went thru, or...
  12. B

Speedometer hard to read??

I'm curious about this too. I test drove a Sport, which IIRC had the tach dial in the center, with a digital MPH in the lower right corner of that, and again digital MPH to the left along with digital tach and a "reminder" to shift, from/to which gear #s. Now when I google, I'm seeing all...
  13. B

That looks like the financing terms, not leasing. As good a deal as you're likely to get -- IF you can swing a 3 year plan. The rate goes up as you stretch out the life of the loan, so 1.9 for 48-60 months, 2.9 for 72. Even 1.9 is ok -- better than most banks will offer, but 2.9 is getting...
  14. B

This thread is interesting reading. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so it's helpful to know what others are paying. If I had already bought, and paid dearly, this thread would *not* be helpful at all. I'm surprised at a lot of the prices ppl are getting here. I'm getting hardballed left...
Back