Why is 2014 I Grand Touring Manual very hard to come by in delaership ?

iamdjrodz

:
Mazda 3 2014
I'm From NY and I'm looking for a Mazda 3 I grand touring Manual and I cant find one in any dealership. It's even funny because i'm in Georgia this week end and every dealership I called does not have it on the lot. Why is this Vehicle So rare please help me understand !!!

I felt your pain.
When I was looking I wanted an iTouring HB manual with tech and that was impossible. I had to do the iGT manual HB and even that I had to go 150 miles to get. Ultimately, I am glad I did the iGT.

I think in general dealers stock what they believe the customers want. Sadly, I think customers do not want to shift for themselves anymore. Heck with all I am hearing about cars that drive themselves no one wants to steer anymore either.

Mazda makes one of the best manual drive cars and it is fun to drive.

Hang in there, use the Mazda site and build your Mazda and increase your search radius. If you are willing to take a road trip you should be able to find something.

Best of lucking finding the car you are after.

I'm From NY and I'm looking for a Mazda 3 I grand touring Manual and I cant find one in any dealership. It's even funny because i'm in Georgia this week end and every dealership I called does not have it on the lot. Why is this Vehicle So rare please help me understand !!!

If you're still in Georgia, there are three 2014 Mazda3 i Grand Touring 4-doors w/ 6-speed Manual locally- two are Soul Red and located in Roswell, GA and the other one is Silver and located in Morrow, GA. There are no 5-door i Grand Touring models with 6-speed Manual in the Atlanta area. The closest 5-doors are a Black one in Alcoa (Knoxville), TN and a Meteor Gray one in Asheville, NC. Hope this helps!

In sport mode, the Mazda 3 has one of the best auto's in the industry (outside of dual clutch "autos"). The days of slow shifting, no control, and MPG penalty are over. That significantly reduces the manual market and dealers are responding to that.

I'm waiting to see if Mazda offers an auto as an option for the next speed. They should.

There are definitely manual options available in Austin. I test drove some CPO automatics today and didn't like the way they drove at all (2013 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatchback and 2012 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Hatchback). Then I test drove the 2014 Mazda3 I touring hatchback, manual, and what a difference! It was a MUCH smoother ride. You can always order the car in manual if it's a new year. Finding a used or CPO in manual is really tricky for a hatchback, at least where I live. There's more options for 4 door sedan.

I see you found your unicorn, haha.
Did the local dealer do the hunting for you, and did they drive it there, or did you have to go far to pick it up?

** Edit:
BTW, djrodz, thank you for your PM. I got it and replied, but my reply doesn't show in my sent box. I don't know if it went thru, or if I have to have a certain number of posts, or what.

I see you found your unicorn, haha.
Did the local dealer do the hunting for you, and did they drive it there, or did you have to go far to pick it up?

** Edit:
BTW, djrodz, thank you for your PM. I got it and replied, but my reply doesn't show in my sent box. I don't know if it went thru, or if I have to have a certain number of posts, or what.

Yeah I got Your message bro Good Luck with everything.

Do new 2014 Mazda 3's sold in the US not come with an Owners Manual?
Here in the UK my 3 Sport/Nav. that's the top version minus the safety pack (700extra) comes with one a 1.1/4" (3cm) thick, English only manual covers ALL models, plus Connectivity quick start guide and the navigation owners manual
The Nav. manual I think is very poor, the B/W photos are useless should be larger colour photos.

Do new 2014 Mazda 3's sold in the US not come with an Owners Manual?
Here in the UK my 3 Sport/Nav. that's the top version minus the safety pack (700extra) comes with one a 1.1/4" (3cm) thick, English only manual covers ALL models, plus Connectivity quick start guide and the navigation owners manual
The Nav. manual I think is very poor, the B/W photos are useless should be larger colour photos.

Mine came with the owners manual + the extra booklets for gps and the entertainment systems

I had problems finding a GT manual. After looking and looking I came across a 2014 i Grand Touring w/ manual trans and managed to grab it for $14,000. It was such a good deal I couldn't refuse it. I traded my 2007 M3 and paid the rest cash. As much as I wanted a 2.5 manual the fact that I have no car payment for a brand new car makes up for it.

Last edited:
Umm.... did it roll off the back of a truck? That's $10K under MSRP.

Yes, it did actually. The back hatch needed replaced. I bought it with 150 miles.

But other then that it runs/ drives great....so far haha

Last edited:
Finally picking mine up tomorrow. After 3 months of searching. Local dealer did a swap. I got what I guess I would call a fair price, but there was not much room for negotiation on this one. The salesman had people lining up behind me for it.

I just picked up an I touring with manual, the last in the entire region with tech pkg and third party installed heated seats. Car is mica gray, love it.

Back