Recent content by Arnhem

1. A

European Engine?

Europe never got anything special. There is a Mazda 323F with the designation GT-R. A one off project from Mazda Schweiss. They used a couple of 323F BJ 2.0 Sportive / GT models and had a supercharger added to it. A handful were made and numbered. If you find one for sale give me a call lol...
  2. A

Berto 24 Protege Turbo build

I thought the ZM's (or any pre-mazda3-era-engine ) weren't able to be fueled with Ethanol because of the gaskets? Besides that, I think this (ethanol + water absorption) is your case: http://www.mossmotors.com/SiteGraphics/Pages/ethanol.html
  3. A

mid 6's to high 6's (shocked). That's almost half the time it usually takes! Wow.
  4. A

WTB: MSP or MP3 Steering Wheel

Looking for an OEM MSP or MP3 Steering wheel in good or mint condition. Gonna be a long shot after all these years but looking for a wheel with no to minimal wear to the silverish leather parts. Just the wheel, don't need the airbag.
  5. A

Mazda Protege Owner Photos

Awesome. Saw your thread and movie on clubprotege just yet. Any good numbers with the BP-T and 4wd? I don't have a clue what the original engine (1.5 ZL-DE, 81kw) auto with 4wd does on 0-100 but it must have been really really bad. offtopic: edm zl 1.5 = 65kw edm zm 1.6 = 72kw usdm zm-de 1.6=...
  6. A

Water in passenger footwell - where's the leak?

Has your brothers car been in an 'accident' too or did it ever get hit anywhere? Because my car was hit in the back (somebody behind me accelerating while I was still standing in front of the red! traffic light) too. I'm wondering if this might affect the seams up front. Seems like a long shot...
  7. A

Moar videos ;) So you're ditching the 1.6 then? 0-100 time?
  8. A

My pro is still going strong every day. It just ages and it has a dent, other than that i'm still enjoying it. I bought another car though which I just had restored and takes up all the money atm. Oh I added you on FB btw ;)
  9. A

Water in passenger footwell - where's the leak?

noticed a while back that the water is back. For my car it's not the drainage, those are properly clean and they drain fast. Snow seems to have a large effect on the amount of water too, so it must be a place that allows 'slow' leaking. Thats the case i've noticed on a couple of pro's/BJ's...
  10. A

dafuq I just read. No seriously, sad to hear you sold it (almost 2 years ago now!) Derek. I haven't been here for ages, just happened to see the pictures quoted today. Here's an old reminder for you. Meeting of the Mazda's 2007 when I was in Canada: Limegreen familia? Nice!
  11. A

1995 Protege to 2003 Protege front-end conversion, Possible?

Funny to see my car back. 323 BA to 323 BJ facelift will be all custom. Even your fenders won't line up as in lines. Not to mention of the corners around the front windshield and doors. Even coming from a 1998 BJ to a 2003 BJ is costly. I only did it because I could and it was worth the...
  12. A

Nice vid. About time somebody made a decent and clear quality vid on a protege. Easy on the panning speed though! Ouch on the rear arches by the way. But the drop on the car is perfect.
  13. A

let's take a deep breath....

Don't. Different Diameter, also doesn't have the bracket to put in your 1.6 MAF. You're MAF won't adjust properly to the wrong diameter. It will try but it won't run as good as when you just get the right size diameter. Kinda like driving around with a bad MAF + getting alot of CEL's ;)
  14. A

let's take a deep breath....

The Cosmo's were sold here in Holland alot, I helped a couple of people to import some. It's really the best bang for your buck and it doesn't throw ugly CEL's like some other intakes do on the 1.6. The tubing is just right 2,25 inch if i'm right. Don't put an 1.8 or 2.0 intake on a 1.6, it will...
  15. A

WTB Protege tweeters

still looking...
Back