Mazda Protege Owner Photos

Nope... no experience, but a BP bolts right up and is a better engine anyway.

A friend of mine is almost done with a GTR awd setup on an MX3. He was down to wiring and such before it would be done. Not sure on the status.

The Sport20 awd was known to destroy itself over like... 200 hp. Another thing to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Ok then, so when I'm gonna have 5k$ to get my car a step further, I'll be better with a PAR gear set than an AWD setup... thanks guys!

Probably the last pic I will take of the protege unless I see it parked again:
1311053367-picsay.jpg

1311053215-picsay.jpg

dafuq I just read.

No seriously, sad to hear you sold it (almost 2 years ago now!) Derek.
I haven't been here for ages, just happened to see the pictures quoted today.

Here's an old reminder for you. Meeting of the Mazda's 2007 when I was in Canada:
Foto-FPAGKMD8.jpg

Limegreen familia? Nice!

I gave the PR0T3G3 a much needed wash, wax, wheel cleaning and I vacuumed out the interior/armor-alled everything. Hopefully it won't snow much more here in Chicago.

tumblr_mjkcvecdZH1r3hbt4o1_500.jpg

Had a fun weekend swapping interiors from my 03 ES donor car to my 00 ES.

Why the 03 is the donor:
rust_zpscb84dc04.jpg

Most of the black interior out:
mess_zps65bd4482.jpg

The 00 Interior getting stripped:
WIP_zps463a27c4.jpg

The 00 Interior before and after, excuse the nasty floormats, those are the mats I use for winter.
interiorswap_zps3cbcdef8.jpg

Put in new spark plugs, washed and waxed it. Oh, and I plastidipped the stock wheels a matte black. I'll throw up some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing it.

photo8_zps37c53dfb.jpg

here ya go pal, all you gotta do is click the image code to the right side of the page and paste it here :)

dafuq I just read.

No seriously, sad to hear you sold it (almost 2 years ago now!) Derek.
I haven't been here for ages, just happened to see the pictures quoted today.

Here's an old reminder for you. Meeting of the Mazda's 2007 when I was in Canada:
Foto-FPAGKMD8.jpg

Limegreen familia? Nice!

Hey man, yeah it has been awaile. I hope your protege is still kicking strong. I check here every now and then. I have been holding some parts in my basement in the hopes I would find another protege but it's not looking like that will be happening. I'll be starting a for sale thread once I take some fresh pics if you are interested. I also have some "finale" pics of the protege that I will post in my conversion thread.

Really enjoyed MOTM, too bad I was only able to make it that one year. Sad that both of the cars in that pic no longer exist :(

Hey man, yeah it has been awaile. I hope your protege is still kicking strong. I check here every now and then. I have been holding some parts in my basement in the hopes I would find another protege but it's not looking like that will be happening. I'll be starting a for sale thread once I take some fresh pics if you are interested. I also have some "finale" pics of the protege that I will post in my conversion thread.

Really enjoyed MOTM, too bad I was only able to make it that one year. Sad that both of the cars in that pic no longer exist :(

My pro is still going strong every day. It just ages and it has a dent, other than that i'm still enjoying it.
I bought another car though which I just had restored and takes up all the money atm.
Oh I added you on FB btw ;)

Back