Mazda Connect Firmware 74.00.230A (now .324A)

Is there anyone that can DM me a link to the latest firmware version? I'm getting the Apple CarPlay retrofit kit today, but need to update the firmware. I'm currently on 59.00.504 NA N.

Hi,

Can someone please advise if 74.00.200 4A N is latest firmware version for 2021 CX9? As per dealer no update is available and it has been 3 years. If newer version is available please share the link via PM.

Hi,

Can someone please advise if 74.00.200 4A N is latest firmware version for 2021 CX9? As per dealer no update is available and it has been 3 years. If newer version is available please share the link via PM.
74.00.324A, previous page. search this group, some members will pm you.

Hi,

Is there anyone that can DM me a link to the latest firmware version? I'm getting the Apple CarPlay retrofit kit today, but need to update the firmware. I'm currently on 59.00.504 NA N.

PM @ASH8 with your region, model and current software version to request the updated software please.

I thought I should report back on my little bodge as maybe it will help some other poor 2017-2019 Mazda 6 owner who has ghost touching but wants to update their firmware.

The short version is that it worked as seen here.

started.jpeg

FirmUpdate.jpeg

ACPWorking.jpeg

Longer version steps:

1. I purchased a replacement touchscreen for a 2017 CX-5 from ebay for ~$25.
2. I removed the CMU following one of the youtube videos on how to do it.
3. I disassembled the CMU and removed the front plate with the touchscreen attached. I had already disconnected the ribbon cable before this, so make sure you disconnect it if you haven't already.
4. I connected the new CX-5 touchscreen ribbon cable to the board
5. I used painters tape (non-conductive) to hold the touchscreen glass over the display
6. I reinstalled the CMU into the car and started the update procedure.
7. On the step where you check the status of the CMU, I used that opportunity to map out where the Enter and Clear buttons would be activated on the CX-5 glass, and then used some painters tape to mark just above it so I would know where to press during the actual procedure. The touchpoints were almost directly in the center of the screen, which was surprising.
8. After that I just followed the steps and everything went well.
9. Removed the CMU and removed the CX-5 touchscreen. Re-assembled the CMU with the original touchscreen which you leave disconnected to keep the bad touchscreen disabled.
10. Installed the ACP kit, cursing like a marine while routing the new cables through the trim.
11. Reinstalled CMU and all trim pieces I had off for the routing.
12. Enjoyed having ACP working as I went for a little test drive and refuel.

Thanks to all the groovy people who make these sorts of DIY projects possible.

Last edited:
I thought I should report back on my little bodge as maybe it will help some other poor 2017-2019 Mazda 6 owner who has ghost touching but wants to update their firmware.
Nice work! I keep thinking how can you live without the touchscreen but then remember...... I can't use mine when driving anyway so I have to get used to using the wheel to control it. Siri is pretty good for a lot of tasks too!

I have the same version, yes. Do you know of anyone who has the new one? Let me know, thank you

Nice work! I keep thinking how can you live without the touchscreen but then remember...... I can't use mine when driving anyway so I have to get used to using the wheel to control it. Siri is pretty good for a lot of tasks too!

I would also prefer to have been able to just swap out the bad touchscreen glass for a replacement one. However, none exist in the market which is totally baffling given the number of 6s with the ghost touching problem. All the other models and years seem to have countless options for under $30. I can’t understand why the same Chinese companies that pump those out don’t make one for the 6.

Oh well, as you said, siri is actually great for driving as it keeps your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. For the few instances where siri doesn’t work well, the command knob is fine.

I'm trying to update my 2016 GT CX-5 to have Apple CarPlay
Can someone send me a link to the 70.00.100 NA N firmware and the latest 74.00.324A NA N firmware. I'd like to get up to date before the installation.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 87
Hi All

Looking to update a Mazda 3 2018 here in Australia

The existing OS Version is 59.00.540 4A N
Music Database Version is 00.08.000

Apprecaite the help

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a 2017 Mazda CX-5 GT as my first car. 105,000 miles and running strong!

I'm looking for a firmware update after I realized getting random nav cards wouldn't do the trick so I can install an Android Auto/Carplay kit.

I'm currently running OS version 59.00.446 NA N. Would anyone be so kind as to share the files to get the current version?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a 2017 Mazda CX-5 GT as my first car. 105,000 miles and running strong!

I'm looking for a firmware update after I realized getting random nav cards wouldn't do the trick so I can install an Android Auto/Carplay kit.

I'm currently running OS version 59.00.446 NA N. Would anyone be so kind as to share the files to get the current version?

Thank you very much in advance!

PM @ASH8 with your region, model and current software version to request the updated software please.

I've updated the original post with some important information.

I have a CX5 2020 with 70.00.367, and there's a very annoying issue with CarPlay. I need to wait for the disclaimer message screen before connecting my iPhone. Otherwise, CarPlay does not work, it seems there's an issue with the boot load order.

Is this issue fixed with 74.00.324?

Back