What new Mazda is coming?

I*d rather this...(just enveiled X4M...it will sell) and finally a red that*s a real red

c2306a7328820a28e840908ea74684c1.jpg

Well, yeah, but we're kindof talking two different price-points.

I'm actually considering something like this instead of the CX5 Turbo.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...e1=MB&modelCode1=MBGLA45AMG&clickType=listing

I plan to wait until the 2018's (upgraded drivetrain, 375hp now) hit the high 20's/low 30's. I'm just done spending much over 30K on a vehicle at this point. The drop off is too steep in value both emotional and monetary depreciation.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...e1=MB&modelCode1=MBGLA45AMG&clickType=listing

I plan to wait until the 2018's (upgraded drivetrain, 375hp now) hit the high 20's/low 30's. I'm just done spending much over 30K on a vehicle at this point. The drop off is too steep in value both emotional and monetary depreciation.

Agreed...Im trying to be responsible and and keep my 18 x3 long enough to get a decent value for what I spent on it. Since 2012, Between the wife and I, bought 5 new vehicles, the twins dont count because all I provided was their down payment.

As far as the wife goes, shes driving the CX-5 till the wheels fall off. Me, I think Im good for about 6 years. I cant wait to see whats on the horizon from BMW. Im pretty sure Im done with sedans.

To stay on topic, I think that Mazda is going to provide the market a similar vehicle (obviously not performance).

I'd rather a Kia Stinger AWD competitor. RWD is easy, and everyone has one who makes a car, AWD is where you can weasel into that market, IMO.

Honestly though, I have zero interest in a car assembled in America our of Mexican made parts. I'll still buy a CX5 made by Japanese workers in Japan, thanks.

Why? because I've owned American cars, and I've owned JDM cars. The workmanship is not comparable. The small parts are not comparable. s*** made in Mexico and China stuffed into American cars is just that. s***. Do you know how many Mexican/Chinese junk parts I have had to replace in American cars? The only way I feel I can get around that sort of swill is to buy JDM or German, and German is $$$ and us Germans like to make complex mousetraps, so I've gone over the the JDM side of things. As far as I know, the US market CX5 is nearly a 100% JDM sourced and assembled product, and it really shows.

https://www.american.edu/kogod/research/autoindex/2018-autoindex.cfm
ZERO percent Mexican.

I know Mazda has a Chinese plant, but cannot find if those CX5s are China market, or if they make parts of US bound CX5's, as well.

My wife's 3 was built in Mexico and is of higher build quality than my Japan-built CX-5. Fewer buzzes and rattles and tighter panel gaps.

Anti-Mexico attitude not based in reality and reeks of racial prejudice.

The Audi Q5 is an example of a high quality vehicle being built in Mexico. There have been very few complaints on build quality, since production was shifted there.

VW's from Mexico were thought to have problems but I never really saw any hard data to support that claim.

With that said, all the BMW people I know say the BMW's made in South Carolina are crap compared to those made in Germany. But again, I have seen no data.

VW's from Mexico were thought to have problems but I never really saw any hard data to support that claim.

With that said, all the BMW people I know say the BMW's made in South Carolina are crap compared to those made in Germany. But again, I have seen no data.

I was VERY hesitant to buy an X-car for this reason...mostly subjective. Of My last 3, 2 were made made with in an hour of where I live in Germany and one in Munich ///M-Division. No problems of note. This X3 has been good, we shall see over the course of 5 years or so.

Very interesting..and sweet deal there I'd go look/drive if it was in my shouting distance..nothing in that range here hell I only had a dozen or so in a 500m radius!

My wife's 3 was built in Mexico and is of higher build quality than my Japan-built CX-5. Fewer buzzes and rattles and tighter panel gaps.

Anti-Mexico attitude not based in reality and reeks of racial prejudice.

Mexico is just fine. So are Mexicans. I just don't want a vehicle made there, that contains parts from there.

It's just BMW/VW purists upset that their proud German cars are now being produced in a country as non-German as Mexico. No problem with that opinion if the heritage/symbolism matters to the buyer (even if it's out of touch with the 21st century economy). However, there's really no objective data to support a disparity in quality. Both companies set tolerances regardless of where the cars are produced. People online frequently try to correlate problems with a foreign-built BMW or VW to the production facility, but in reality the problems stem from design decisions much earlier in the process. VW, in particular, is no stranger to head-scratcher design quirks.

It's just BMW/VW purists upset that their proud German cars are now being produced in a country as non-German as Mexico. No problem with that opinion if the heritage/symbolism matters to the buyer (even if it's out of touch with the 21st century economy). However, there's really no objective data to support a disparity in quality. Both companies set tolerances regardless of where the cars are produced. People online frequently try to correlate problems with a foreign-built BMW or VW to the production facility, but in reality the problems stem from design decisions much earlier in the process. VW, in particular, is no stranger to head-scratcher design quirks.

I trust Japanese QA/QC and workplace ethos more.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Ive had a Jetta....garbage

The Jetta, which exists only because Americans are allergic to hatchback and wagons? The same Jetta that VW invests as little time and money as humanly possible into, to the point that it languished on an old platform for 6 years after the Golf moved to the greatly-superior MQB?

I'm as skeptical of Mexican (and, frankly, American) manufacturing as the next JDM/GDM snob, but IMO the Jetta was doomed to mediocrity at best no matter where it was built, just based on VAG's complete disregard for the platform.

The US-market Passat seems to bear out that supposition; despite being built in Tennessee, VAG seems just as disinterested in its larger US-targeted car, and reliability numbers are similarly dismal.

That is kinda my point. To Americans, they are dirty Mexicans. To Germans, they are dirty Americans. It is all the same. In reality, most all of these cars are made by robots. Dirty stinking robots!

While I do lean towards the idea of greater quality and pride in craftsmanship from Japan and Germany, the majority of my automotive repair issues are rooted in engineering/design flaws. I've never had an issue that was assembly related. That goes for GM, BMW, and a variety of Japanese cars I've owned.

OK so back on topic!
so the guesses are:
new CX-3
new CX-4
new lineup CX-6/ CX-7

that should cover it.
as stated by Mazda, it's a whole new lineup, so we will see who's guesses are right.

Latest posts

Back