What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Wrapped the cheesy dash trim pieces and the center console/shifter surround with CF Vinyl. Got rid of that finger print/scratch magnet of glossy black plastic. Next up is both sets of front and rear doors.
rqeGjGL.jpg

5hMEH4R.jpg

Nf4W5cK.jpg

Did you remove the center console?

So had something peculiar happen today at lunch.

It's hot today, about 100 degrees. I turned on my air conditioner full blast after driving a few minutes and I immediately start to hear a crackling noise from what sounded like the windshield. I immediately turned the AC down and the noise went away, drove a few more minutes and went full blast again. Noise never returned.

Upon inspecting the windshield, didn't see any signs of cracking or whatnot, so really no idea what that crackling noise was, but certainly was not a pleasant noise to hear going 65 down the highway. Guess I will see if anything more happens.

It's hot today, about 100 degrees. I turned on my air conditioner full blast after driving a few minutes and I immediately start to hear a crackling noise from what sounded like the windshield. I immediately turned the AC down and the noise went away, drove a few more minutes and went full blast again. Noise never returned.

Upon inspecting the windshield, didn't see any signs of cracking or whatnot, so really no idea what that crackling noise was, but certainly was not a pleasant noise to hear going 65 down the highway. Guess I will see if anything more happens.

My guess the crackling sound came from one of your a/c vents

Any chance that a piece of paper, or similar, got into the vent ducts somehow?

Washed with Optimum No Rinse and Hyperseal after picking up 10 hours worth of bugs in the Midwest USA. The Eternal Blue Mica is growing on me more each day.
4e3e1a23abf901415f7467f224a07a4b.jpg

Did you remove the center console?

Yes I did. I had to remove the pieces on the side which you pull back toward yourself and then if I recall it was a matter of popping it all up. Once it was up you have to unscrew two screws for the shift boot. There are a couple screws to remove the PRND and Sport switch but that was it. I then wrapped, installed the silver ring then re-installed it into the car. A few steps but it was overall easy.

Washed with Optimum No Rinse and Hyperseal after picking up 10 hours worth of bugs in the Midwest USA. The Eternal Blue Mica is growing on me more each day.
4e3e1a23abf901415f7467f224a07a4b.jpg

I have the same color and just love it. And the same bug issues as well. :)

Great color.

ONR rules! I'll never wash any other way again.

I was getting 30 in the city today. I swear my CX-5 is an anomaly. I get amazing city mpg...

Drove through what could only be described as a swarm of every known species of insect on the island. What a mess of bug splats, hahahahaha.

Drove through what could only be described as a swarm of every known species of insect on the island. What a mess of bug splats, hahahahaha.
Take a peek at your condenser rad behind the grill. And mourn the untimely departure of all these little creatures that found their end wedged into the rad fins.
Seriously guys, everyone should have a black aluminum door screen mesh installed behind the bumper cover. When my wife is back, I'll try to take a pic of what's in there after a 4000 mi round trip. It all could have been right in the rad.

Back