Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

For us 95 RON is premium along with 98 RON

Regular is 91 RON
E10 is 94 RON

[emoji1303][emoji1303]. The US is looking into bettering the fuel standards per recent news and that includes raising the octane rates. The issues of LSPI and fuel dilution may be forcing their hand.

[emoji1303][emoji1303]. The US is looking into bettering the fuel standards per recent news and that includes raising the octane rates. The issues of LSPI and fuel dilution may be forcing their hand.

Good!

I've noticed that MRCC does go over the set speed here by 2km/h say when you are ascending a steepish incline (accelerating to get back to the set speed) or when it is trying to maintain the speed when descending (only very briefly mind you in both cases).

Since we have lots of speed cameras here not to mention highway patrols, I know set my speed to 2km/h below the speed limit so when it does do it, I am still not speeding.

Had a cop tell me last time I got a ticket "keep it at (14 over the speed limit)".
Holy s***.
It's a known speed trap so every day now I fly past him at 74 while everyone else brakes. [emoji1]

Last edited:
Had a cop tell me last time I got a ticket "keep it at (14 over the doors limit)".
Holy s***.
It's a known speed trap so every day now I fly past him at 74 while everyone else brakes. [emoji1]

What happens if it is a different cop there in the future!

Well, like I said, known speed trap. Rocky River, Ohio. Guys are there nearly every day. I trust that's the number they've collectively agreed upon.
I was even like "74, really?".
He replied "if you go any slower, the blue haired ladies will run you off the road!"

Well, like I said, known speed trap. Rocky River, Ohio. Guys are there nearly every day. I trust that's the number they've collectively agreed upon.
I was even like "74, really?".
He replied "if you go any slower, the blue haired ladies will run you off the road!"

(lol2)

The perks of cops discretion :D

I don’t see how they can police 2km (1mph) when the speedo isn’t that accurate.

The rule of thumb - widely adopted by the county police forces in the U.K. is 10% plus 2mph.

Anyone else notice a lot of clicking going on under the dash at low speeds when the MRCC is active? Suppose it's all normal and just crank the music, but it's an observation.

I too hear a lot of clicking as the car stops and gets going again. I also noticed that when coming to a stop my steering wheel vibrates, wondering if that's normal?

Your steering wheel should not vibrate. Usually indicates a front brake issue.

I don’t see how they can police 2km (1mph) when the speedo isn’t that accurate.

The rule of thumb - widely adopted by the county police forces in the U.K. is 10% plus 2mph.

Well they do here. Australia has become so obsessed with reducing the national road toll. So any measure at their disposal is used be it speed cameras (fixed and mobile), red light cameras (normal and speed), lowering the tolerance level for going over the speed limits etc.

I too hear a lot of clicking as the car stops and gets going again. I also noticed that when coming to a stop my steering wheel vibrates, wondering if that's normal?

Not normal on mine.

I hear no noise when it stops and after I hit resume, again no noise when it starts taking off.

I hear a bit of faint clicking when starting and stopping.

Turning up the music makes it go away. (wink)

Love the MRCC during my daily highway commute - all I have to do is steer.

Last edited:
Back