Suspension Upgrades

I’m sorry, am I just missing some sort of key information on here? The CX-5 shares more parts with the Mazda 6 then it doesn’t, how can you compare making a post about a Mazda 6 on a CX-5 forum to making a thread about Cessnas?

1. You can get a factor LSD in Japan?

2. Did the Mazda 6 also come with lowered suspension as an option?

3. Sometimes I regret writing “molestor” as my username on here, sometimes I don’t. Today was one of those days where I just didn’t regret things so much. I must admit that I completely lost it when you referred to me as Mr. Molestor... thanks for the laugh.

by the way, I’m curious if you noticed any difference switching to 5w30 oil in your car. I’ve been meaning to ask you but kept forgetting.
He has an AWD CX-5 which comes with LSD.

The Mazda6 section on here is probably not active because most owners are on another dedicated Mazda6 forum.

Edit: Corksport is developing a LSD for the Mazda3 and Mazda6, though probably only for manual transmission cars. You should really follow their blog if you're interested in mods for your Mazda6.

Lol some of the comments here.. no sway bars (uhm). Apparently we bought the wrong car because my car came with a factory lsd (drive2). Yea I have coilovers (up from lowering springs). In Japan you can get cx5s from the dealer with lower suspension.
I have to agree with Mr. Molestors comment "
while there are a handful of knowledgeable enthusiasts on this section of the forum, the amount of clueless people who can't seem to comment anything constructive is plentiful" certain emphasis....

You might be on to something if you're including the OP.

There is something wrong when the Topic starter asks if a Topic needs to be started, and starts it immediately himself? Just my 2 Cents.

Every AWD car has a rear differential. Not all differentials are limited slip differentials.

Every AWD car has a rear differential. Not all differentials are limited slip differentials.

Sorry, to clarify, my understanding is that the CX-5 AWD has a LSD in the rear axle. I know the Mazdaspeed6 has LSD on the rear and that is like the precursor system to the i-Activ AWD we have today. Would like someone to confirm that info though.

Lsd on rear not front for awd variant.

Last edited:
I wouldnt waste a penny on trying to make a slow car handle any better than it already does! Performance tires? lol

to be fair, your input has been close to zero wherever i've seen you comment.

It's probably because I quit posting with a lot of substance due to being Uber busy,and basically being scolded for helping numerous posters score incredible deals on their whips,however,I've never posted the nonsense you post,nor will I,but carry on,it is rather entertaining...

I wouldnt waste a penny on trying to make a slow car handle any better than it already does! Performance tires? lol

Even when you want to use the throttle to power through the corners? Lol

I'm sorry,but a CX-5 doesn't have the power it takes to "power through the corner",or even more importantly,recover from a mistake made while trying to do so.

"Powering through the corners using throttle" is rather comical in a CX-5,but it does handle fairly well to be a CUV,if that makes someone feel any better...

Anyone with the name Molestor is probably not worth the time since he is a know it all dumbfuck who likes to have is ego stroked with the crap posts

You still haven't made any sort of useful input. since my posts are so bad, why don't you go ahead and make one yourself? I am waiting...

I wouldn’t waste a penny on trying to make a slow car handle any better than it already does! Performance tires? lol

this comment is obscenely ignorant.

I'm sorry,but a CX-5 doesn't have the power it takes to "power through the corner",or even more importantly,recover from a mistake made while trying to do so.

"Powering through the corners using throttle" is rather comical in a CX-5,but it does handle fairly well to be a CUV,if that makes someone feel any better...

recover from a mistake?

if you make a mistake while driving, such as turning too hot into a corner, you seriously need to re-evaluate your driving habits and take some track lessons or something.

mistakes are costly in a 500HP RWD car, not a 180HP crossover.

recover from a mistake?

if you make a mistake while driving, such as turning too hot into a corner, you seriously need to re-evaluate your driving habits and take some track lessons or something.

mistakes are costly in a 500HP RWD car, not a 180HP crossover.

Lmfao!!

Last edited:

with the correct tires, alignment, LSD and stiffer suspension+ sway bars this thing would have plenty of potential if you got an ECU tune. I mean, the CX-5 still needs a turbo, but it would at least be quite fun to drive. it's not a heavy car, just underpowered and lethargic.

just because people need to settle with a boring crossover doesnt mean that they have no choice but to keep it boring/stock. anything is possible, especially in this situation with time+money.

with the correct tires, alignment, LSD and stiffer suspension+ sway bars this thing would have plenty of potential if you got an ECU tune. I mean, the CX-5 still needs a turbo, but it would at least be quite fun to drive. it's not a heavy car, just underpowered and lethargic.

just because people need to settle with a boring crossover doesnt mean that they have no choice but to keep it boring/stock. anything is possible, especially in this situation with time+money.

My CX-5 is slightly modded. It still and always will be a turd,better suited for a baby hauler,one of it's main intentions. I was one of the main ones here having great convo with Mat at OVT before he was ran off.

But you can drift a 90hp gen 1 miata with a open diff and stock suspension..you don't need high hp for cornering. I can oversteer my cx5 and put it sideways when right.. I'm gonna call driver mod, lack of trying (not that you need to) or improper tire/suspension combo.

But you can drift a 90hp gen 1 miata with a open diff and stock suspension..you don't need high hp for cornering. I can oversteer my cx5 and put it sideways when right.. I'm gonna call driver mod, lack of trying (not that you need to) or improper tire/suspension combo.

A Miata is also rwd with a very short wheelbase,its apples to oranges. I didn't say you "need" high hp for cornering,I mean s***,I've raced go karts for almost 30 years now. Driver mod. Lol

Your drift video wasn't anything,Chris. You didn't even carry it back the other way. It can be done in a stocker. I didn't buy my CX-5 to rule the streets,I bought it because it's the best looking CUV out there,and it fits the needs of my family ATM. Your cx-5 is one of the best looking ones out there,but OVT tuned and all,it's still a turd,just like mine...

I'm not trying to be rude here,we have a lot in common (I fly too for one),but to treat a CX-5 like it's a race car is
just kinda comical to me. I still will give you praise for wanting to be different though...

Back