2017 CX-5 drl question

Some real OCD folks out there.

Does this really rate this much time on lights? I don't think they were going for this.

dfe9a0fe9a08f7b63eedb67dcf21da54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

And this would be what the DRLs look like everywhere in the world for 2017 CX-5 GT!

This will be dearly missed if I ever own a 2017 GT, although I'll try to love its many many other cool features. Still, other drivers may think I've carelessly left the headlight on, or my car doesn't have DRL feature :-(

This will be dearly missed if I ever own a 2017 GT, although I'll try to love its many many other cool features. Still, other drivers may think I've carelessly left the headlight on, or my car doesn't have DRL feature :-(

it just doesn't make any sense to me... if the low beam headlight is going to be on there's no sense in having an additional expensive DRL.

Just use google docs to do the translation for you

here are the instructions

http://www.pdfconverter.com/resources/blog/how-to-translate-pdf-files-to-different-languages-free

Tried it, file was to large. Thanks anyway

Here are some pictures from 2017 CX-5 Touring showing whenever DRL function is on, both LED DRLs and LED low-beam headlights are simultaneously on! You can imagine how GT DRLs work by replacing Touring LED DRLs with GT's LED Signature DRLs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's what the front lights look like when light switch is at parking light position without DRL function when car is in stationary:
attachment.php

Here's what the front lights look like when light switch is at headlight-on position without DRL function when car is in stationary:
attachment.php

Finally for 2017 CX-5 Touring the high-beam is from the same LED cell for the low beam in the projector, and use a shutter to control them like 2015 bi-xenon HID. For 2016 LED headlights we have a separate LED cell at inner side of the low beam LED dedicated for high beam only.

View attachment 216512 View attachment 216513 View attachment 216515 View attachment 216514

Thank you.

As you can see, this model has no halo light system. Hence the DRL daylight kit in Japan posted earlier replaces this with halo DRL.

Tried it, file was to large. Thanks anyway

Thank you.

As you can see, this model has no halo light system. Hence the DRL daylight kit in Japan posted earlier replaces this with halo DRL.

At what cost? Considering the price of the 2016 LED units, this must be an extremely expensive upgrade.

Other drivers aren't going to care. I promise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nope. Of this I am sure.

... Oh wait. There might be one other driver that may notice. A 2014-2016.5 Mazda CX-5 enthusiast owner...like those of us that hang here (y'know, like maybe 10 percent of all CX-5 drivers)... Might just look and think to themselves....
"Damn...those DRLs aren't nearly as cool as I thought they'd be. GLAD I GOT A 16!"
😊😄😜

Don't joke. There are people out there who think like this 😜

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nope. Of this I am sure.

... Oh wait. There might be one other driver that may notice. A 2014-2016.5 Mazda CX-5 enthusiast owner...like those of us that hang here (y'know, like maybe 10 percent of all CX-5 drivers)... Might just look and think to themselves....
"Damn...those DRLs aren't nearly as cool as I thought they'd be. GLAD I GOT A 16!"
😊😄😜

I don't like bumping into this specific group of 16 owners either. But then, they may regret too for not waiting (for another 4 months specifically) and now stuck with something without HUD. (Joking! hope you don'd mind. LOL!)

$173. I ordered it yesterday. But it won't work for non-gts.
Sorry just to make sure I'm following... Does this kit allow us (in the USA) to have halos-only DRL on the 2017 CX-5 GT?
I believe this kit is DRL module for 2017 CX-5 with halo LED Signature lights (serve as parking lights as other regions don't use amber parking lights with dual-filament 7444NA bulbs) without Daytime Running Light function sold in non-US market. Since we already have DRL function built-in, but with low-beams wired with halo LED Signature lights as DRLs, I feel this kit won't work for US 2017 CX-5's. I could be wrong but that is my guess based on the Japanese description.

In fact, once we have the electrical diagram and found the DRL function feed to low beam headlights, we should be able to easily cut the feed and disable the headlights as part of DRLs. :)

I found the part number for the Japanese "Daylight Kit" B62T V7 790
B62TV7790.JPG

デイライトキット
LEDポジションランプを常時点灯させます。エンジンONでLEDポジションランプのみが点灯し、
メーターやモニターは減光せず、テールランプも点灯しません。
●25,056(消費税抜23,200[)HQ4A]
● 本体 17,280(消費税抜16,000)B62T V7 790
※OFFスイッチ付
Day light kit
Always light the LED position lamp. When the engine is ON, only the LED position lamp lights up,
Meters and monitors will not dim, and the tail lamp will not light up.
● 25,056 (excluding consumption tax 23,200 [) HQ 4 A]
● Body 17,280 (excluding consumption tax 16,000) B62T V7 790
* With OFF switch

All the best bigtex. Learn about the kit and try to build one locally - you can then sell on eBay for 100 or so.
Have yours as a youtube video. eBay is turning into the ghetto Craigslist has become. A site mainly used to sell $5 Chinese crap for 200+ it'd be nice to see some local products.

I don't like bumping into this specific group of 16 owners either. But then, they may regret too for not waiting (for another 4 months specifically) and now stuck with something without HUD. (Joking! hope you don'd mind. LOL!)

giphy.gif

I believe this kit is DRL module for 2017 CX-5 with halo LED Signature lights (serve as parking lights as other regions don't use amber parking lights with dual-filament 7444NA bulbs) without Daytime Running Light function sold in non-US market. Since we already have DRL function built-in, but with low-beams wired with halo LED Signature lights as DRLs, I feel this kit won't work for US 2017 CX-5's. I could be wrong but that is my guess based on the Japanese description.

In fact, once we have the electrical diagram and found the DRL function feed to low beam headlights, we should be able to easily cut the feed and disable the headlights as part of DRLs. :)

Not sure either, I found out that drl's using headlights are prohibited in Japan. According to the Japanese CX-5 manual, they have an Off setting, which turns everything off when driving, an auto setting, a parking light setting which turns on, and this is translation, (car lights, tail lights, and signed lights), and an on setting.

This basically sounds like the way my car is set up now after turning off my US spec drl's. So I think this kit will turn on the halo, without turning on tail lights and parking lights, anytime the car is moving. I can already get just the halo now, but my parking lights and tail lights are on as well.

It is nice being able to turn the headlights off completely if i want to while using a dual lane boat ramp or cruising through Santa Land.(drinks)

All the best bigtex. Learn about the kit and try to build one locally - you can then sell on eBay for 100 or so.
Have yours as a youtube video. eBay is turning into the ghetto Craigslist has become. A site mainly used to sell $5 Chinese crap for 200+ it'd be nice to see some local products.

Thanks, Kaps. I just want my headlights to do what I need them to and maybe someone else on here wants the same.

Back